90-day trials of Panda

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am really really sorry, I know you are far more senior and older then me. So if i said anything kiddish to you then do accept my apology.

Secondly, can anybody tell me "Is it okay to post sandbox results here"?

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sorry for the late reply guys. I've been doing actual work stuff (yes I do work at PandaLabs & Research but I post here and over at the Cloud Antivirus forum mostly in my spare time). The sample is not malicious AvinashR.

3. AvinashR

Got your PM, thanks that means i can save that file on my system without any problem...But why it was earlier flagged as Trojan?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

maybe my wife flagged it.;)

5. AvinashR

Hey Hey,

Don't you think its too-off topic.:D

@Pbust will this file be cleared off from Panda's Signature/Cloud Detection ?

6. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Sorry for being late replying to this.

I have to disagree with Pbust . This Panda problem has nothing to do with the Cloud Intelligence .

The problem is valid even when the computer has been disconnected from the Internet (e.g. unplugged network cable) . Real-time on-access scan does not detect malicious software . However , if you perform right click scan (note! disconnected) the sample will be detected.

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

The on-access and on-demand scanners have different heuristic sensibility. If you post the detection log and file (md5 checksum for example) I can verify this.

8. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

It is good for Panda customers that you are so active here . I am sorry but I no longer use Panda . I just describe what I noticed during my last check . I must also note that I first called your Support and then reported everything with a few emails but nobody cared to answer them . On the phone I was told that whatever I submit , it will be reviewed , which didn't happen. Perhaps you could check all your emails from July last year , this is when I reported these.

9. AvinashR

You should send your details to Pbust (Pedro), i am sure he will look into the matter asap.

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

If you still want to try it out you may forward these emails to me directly and I'll have someone from Support contact you directly. Regardless, if the issue is from last July you might want to try an updated version to see if the problems are fixed already: http://www.pandasecurity.com/windows7

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Still running well.

Uploaded some screenshots in the AV thread here and here.

For those interested in installing this on the family PC, threats are quarantined automatically, and firewall alerts are clear, with minimal brain-power required.

panda firewall.jpg Panda firewall 2.jpg

panda network scan.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.