70 percent would leave a job if their digital activity was secretly monitored

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by guest, Jun 28, 2018.

1. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

@cruelsister yeah i know, i was just messing with you. You take your job seriously and I know that but for every one like you there are some that dont. One time years ago I was network manager at a graphics company when most images were still on slides we used to create slides from digital images and other things related to print. Anyway we had this one guy and I kid you not, from the week he started to the day he got fired I dont think he did any actual work at all, he played a computer game like ALL the time lol. He only switched his screen to something that looked like work when one of the bosses was walking around it took them, I think it was at least six weeks to figure out he did nothing all day. As for me, I was underpaid and overworked, on call 24/7 and of course I never had an office with a view. Unless you consider the parking lot, a view so screw you lol. Even though I was the best network manager they ever had, when I started their network was a mess. They didnt even have a proper server or any kind of security everyone had access to everthing even the computer the payroll lady used was on the network.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Beyond the need to ensure that the terms of employment are being adhered to, I assume the saved data from the monitoring is also intended for other purposes. :cautious:

https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7928-work-computer-employee-monitoring.html

It stands to reason that an employee profile now looks a lot different than it used to. We expect it to be private, but companies do sell employee info to the likes of Equifax. The more that's in there, the more valuable it is.

3. guest

guest Guest

A decent admin would totally restrict non work related aplications/sites from being accessed by the workers, he would setup some "off-the-company-network" machines so employees could use them for their personal matters during their break.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

LOL, did you read about this? I've always wondered about this subject and this book confirmed what I already thought.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/8/17308744/bullshit-jobs-book-david-graeber-occupy-wall-street-karl-marx

5. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Rasheed- Absolutely!!!!! People in the USA are wondering why the cost of both Healthcare and Education are increasing exponentially. Anyone with eyes can see the ******** middle-management jobs that are being created to:

a). make life easier on the person above that position, and
    b). to fulfill some Stupid Governmental regulation.

These positions were not needed in the past nor are they needed now. This leads to both increased pointless cost to the consumer as well as the creation of Mind-Numbing positions.

6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Wow, I dont know if I am paranoid or if these 70% are very naive individuals... I count on that my employer monitors my digital activity at their computers. I would do the same if I hired anyone. But if they would monitor activity on my own devices I would leave the job.

7. brians08

brians08 Registered Member

Yep, not sure if it the question that was stupid or the people answering. Pretty much every employer has wording in the employment contract that clearly states all company computers and networks are company property and subject to monitoring at any time. Nothing secrete about it.

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

More & more people don't mean what they say. It's cool these days to walk back anything after all it's the truth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.