64-bit Vista with OSS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by paulhk88, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulhk88

paulhk88 Registered Member

Although I have read many of the other threads regarding Vista with OSS, I am still not able to overcome my problem. I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment dv2513tu. 2GB RAM, 160GB hdd, Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I have installed DDS10 and TI11. HDD is partition into 4 partitions. Partition 1 - 88GB - Vista Ultimate (comes pre-installed); Partition 2 - 30GB - Data; Partition 3 - 21GB - For XP (not installed yet); Partition 4 - 10GB - HP_Recovery.
    I installed OSS, rebooted and nothing to boot into (in OSS screen). Read the other threads - copied NTLDR, NTDETECT and created BOOT.ini into C:\. Still Vista not visible. I could deactiviate OSS using Acronis Recovery disk. So I am back in Vista. Anyone tried to install OSS properly with Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Please help.

2. adrichardson

adrichardson Registered Member

Are you installing OS Selector in Vista, or installing it directly from the boot cd? I recently installed it in Vista (x64) and it caused no end of problems. I can't use OSS at all now without it corrupting the Vista MBR. Problem only started when I installed it in Vista.

This is a real pain to troubleshoot, as the uninstaller leaves a lot of stuff behind.

3. paulhk88

I installed OSS from within Vista. When it re-boots, it does not recognise Windows in C drive. Is there a better boot manager to use with Vista and XP? OSS does not seem to work at all.

4. adrichardson

adrichardson Registered Member

If you've got more than one hard drive, and your motherboard has a boot menu then you can use that to tell it which drive to boot from. Have you got a particular reason for wanting to install XP? I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but you might be better off just leaving Vista installed.

Does the Vista cd let you use the boot repair options?

5. paulhk88

No, only one HDD on notebook. And yes, I want to use XP for different purposes.

6. paulhk88

Can anyone help? Just thinking out loud... Has the SATA hard disk on my notebookanything to do with the problem? I cannot disable Native SATA support on my BIOS (PhoenixBIOS). How else can I get the hard disk to work without the driver.

Also, when I boot the notebook up with Win XP setup CD, setup runs up till the point where it tells me no hard disk is found. I do not have a floppy so cannot "F6" to install SATA driver.

Help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.