6 items in IE have protection disabled!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mafia, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mafia

mafia Registered Member

Hi,

My norton 360 detected a cyberalert spyware which concerned me cos it apparently sends private info...it removed it but kept picking it up. Then it picked up system.process adware which again is potentially serious. I couldn't work out what was happening until i checked spywareblaster and it said 6 internet explorer items have protection disabled. Every time i enable protection its fine until i reboot and the 6 items are again not enabled!!

It seems like i have some infection that is not being completely removed cos it keeps affecting spywareblaster...or is that wrong.

I need help!!!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I believe what you're seeing is a false-positive in Norton/Symantec products that was just recently fixed.

For more details, please see the following thread over at DSLReports: NAV/ SAV defintions release for 'weekend bug-fixes'

(To briefly summarize: Symantec located the error and fixed it, and the newest definition files can be downloaded manually now, and will be pushed out via LiveUpdate in a day or two. After you get the updates for your Norton product, you should be able to re-apply all protection in SpywareBlaster without any further problems.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. dennyyu

dennyyu Registered Member

I have the same problem as you do. However, the latest update and definition of Symantec Antivirus did not fix the problem. It did pick up the Adware.SystemProcess virus and quarantined it. But the next day, the same virus pops up again.

4. amysheehan

amysheehan Registered Member

If you've downloaded the definitions from the 14th --- > current date - this issue has been fixed.

For whatever reason, some users didn't report success until after Wednesday
    s Live Update.

Please report back your findings.

-amy-
    :)

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I had same issue "6 items in IE have protection disabled"
    Also deleted a number of host file entries which seemed inappropriate to me.

I've had a lot of issues with explorer.exe freezing since the last updates from Symantec as well.

PITA :mad:

How to recover from these issues; any advice. :doubt:

I hate unattended removals: I keep setting NAV back to "manual/notify me" type interactions; and it resets itself: then I get caught out by autoupdates and auto removals like this b4 I have a chance to check them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.