560 to 566 Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Turps, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turps

Turps Registered Member

I am running NOD32 AV v3.0.560.0 (on WXP Pro SP2). ESET is now offering for download v3.0.566.0.

In the NOD32 window Update tells me that the virus signature is up to date and provides no facility to update the program. The Advanced Setup, Update is set to Ask before downloading program components.

Q1. Why hasn't it offered me an upgrade from 560 to 566? Why do I have to go to the ESET website to find out that 566 exists (with a bit of help from this forum).

Q2. How, apart from this forum, do I find out at the ESET website what fixes have been implemented between 560 and 566 (if they are there, I can't find them)? Some forum posters suggest that 566 may fix the slowdown problem.

Q3. To upgrade from 560 to 566, can I install 566 over 560; or is it best to uninstall 560 first?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because it is just a minor upgrade , fixing something that not all users have problems with .

You don't need to ;)
    If there is major upgrade , ESET will push it with the updates

There is a list in the Download section in the eset.com site , I think you missed it :
    http://www.eset.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4113&Itemid=5

The best is always to uninstall the old one , delete ESET folders and perform clean install . However , install over existing version is also supported and many users have installed the 566 build that way ;)

3. Turps

Turps Registered Member

Thanks HiTech boy for a quick reply answering everything!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.