5.0.94.0: New install password not saved

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Forellenblau, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Yesterday i installed 5.0.94.0 after uninstalling 5.0.93.0.

At the screen where you can type username and password the password is not saved - the update of the signature database then fails. You have to go to advanced setup and type the password manually. Then it works.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

On the "Product Activation" window, if you select 'Activate using a Username and Password' and enter an invalid U/P and click 'Activate', you'll get an 'Activation failed' error. Is this what happened to you?

Even if you enter an invalid U/P, if you go to Advanced Setup, the data is saved there. Do you mean the U/P fields were blank for you?

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue.

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

Hi!

On the Product Activation page i enterd username and password correctly (copy & paste). After confirming the dialog (OK button i think) the virus signature update runs - and fails: username or password are not correct.

When i then go the advanced dialog (with F5) the password field is blank, the username is correctly shown. So i have to enter the password phrase again.

That is what's happening (i had it twice).

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

frequent error, copying ID and PW but with a space before/after them. When it dont work, it is better to type them instead of copy/paste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.