40000 References!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Tatersalad, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

Did the last 5000 go by as quick as it seemed? Now we got organized crime pumping out Trojans and Spyware. Thanks for keeping up DCS.

2. Moore

Moore Registered Member

Great work , thank you all at DCS. :cool:

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes, the numbers are going up that fast. The numbers are very real, no cookie or other junk like that in our database. There are plenty of dedicated adware detection programs out there for that sort of thing ;)

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

And now over 11,000 primaries :) :D

Well done Gavin :)

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Gavin TDS has cought spyware and malware that spybot and adware dont catch.

i always wonder why tds sometimes is better then some of the anti spyware apps

i thought you guys just did trojans?

anyways im gratful you guys do some spyware stuffs to because with spybot and adaware plus tds for back up i feel perty damn safe thx

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I think you made a typo Pilli, I see over 17,000 primaries on my end.....

Attached Files:

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi MrBlaze,

While TDS isn't a dedicated anti "adware" program, the lines between what is a trojan and what is "adware" are now very grey. We simply have to add detection for things which users are complaining about. I'm not surprised we detect lots that those other programs dont, every sample I get is run and they often download masses of other adware. Some single small downloaders take quite a while to analyse because they download a heap of other downloaders, and those downloaders download more adware ! its getting really bad. I use ProcessGuard in every analysis, since each new downloaded file must execute (or each new DLL be registered) I can grab a copy of it before it even runs (just in case it deletes itself!) PG saves tons of time in analysis :)

8. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I agree with Gavin

much of the recent adwares are very trojan like in nature and we are having tremendous problems removing some of them with the original dropper getting hidden or deleted after running and downloading multiple files to the computer which inturn download others

Happily Gavin is very good at examining these pests I send him and where he feels appropriate TDS adds detection

as he says sometimes it is a quick process but sometimes it takes a few days

The days of an antitrojan just detecting "normal trojans" and an antivirus detecting just viruses and then an adware program like adaware doing it's specific detections are long gone and TDS3 needs to and does detect a lot of the new breed of trojanized adwares which also steal info fropm you as well as diverting you or poppping up ads

I would expect TDS4 to be even better at this

All experts agree that with the amount of money potentially available in advertising & search engines that organised crime has got involved and they are hiring the best troja/virus programmmers to forcew their scum ontous so we need the best defence against it and that is Diamonds CS products with TDS3 at the top of the list in my view

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi puff-m-d,

Total 40065 ;) It's Gavin's way of confusing people - I'm confused :eek: Doh Gavin!!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  10. Gavin - DiamondCS

17005 primaries :D
    Sorry to confuse ! ;)

11. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

To confuse even more o_O todays update makes it
    40159 references
    17067 primaries

I think it's time to set the puppies loose *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy* *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.