4.2 will be expired shortly

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Galaxykiss, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Re: 4.2 will be expired shotly

agreed, I prefer eset work on scan speed rather than detection rate for now, I am seeing some scans at very unacceptable speeds compared to 2.7 version.

2. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

The fact is many other antivirus software's speed has been equal to nod's.

3. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

i agree with that, avast 5, kaspersky 2010 are pretty good examples

4. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

so is it now a policy decision that they were too fast at scanning and it is ok to slow down to other vendor's speeds?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please provide me a link to a file that is scanned quickly by v2 but slowly with v3/v4. The only reason for difference in scan speed between these versions that occurs me are internal scan limits for archives used by v2 whereas v3/v4 allow the user to fully customize them (by default, no limits are used). Standard files are basically scanned quickly. What may take time is emulation of runtime-packed, protected or otherwise obfuscated code.

6. Martinus

Martinus Registered Member

I prefer the other way around. I prefer Eset to improve detection rate and improving the virus/spyware cleaning.

One thing I wish Eset would do better for us Home users is the making of the CD Boot disk. Having to install a 1gb software to create one is quite extreme for home users.

Mart.

7. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

ok I am willing to test this, please give me the limit set by v2.7, and I will set the same for v4 to see if the snappyness is back.

also I am now testing v4.2 on my laptop to see how that works, on the laptop I have web protection on and document off.

The most weird issue I am seeing is when I close winamp, when I close it, it does close immediatly but ekrn.exe spikes to max cpu usage for about 3-4 seconds. As far as I know winamp just saves its config file on close which is only a 1kb file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.