4.0 still not protecting Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by captgooch, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captgooch

captgooch Registered Member

I have read the thread [which is closed BTW] that stated that folks were getting relief from this kind of problem by updating to 4.0 and various other hoops and hurdles. I never did find any file named registry.dat ..... anywhere on my machine.
    I have 4.0 installed and every time I open Spyware Blaster [SB] it shows the Firefox cookie protection box at the top of the Mozilla-Firefox protection page is checked BUT none of the 230 protections listed are checked. If I uncheck the "cookies" box and then recheck it they do get checked off and all protections are on.
    OR >>>
    I can click on enable all protections and YEP it does check them all and it says that I now am completely protected. same-same
    If I close the SB program and reopen it, it shows the same 230 protections are again unprotected.
    I have found a work around that is pretty redundant BUT it makes me feel protected and that is to open SB and allow it to finish loading [230 Firefox items unprotected ....] then I click enable all protections and after it loads I minimize it instead of closing it.
    So ... now I surf with SB active and up on the lower bar as well as the other "windows" I have open.

I keep thinking that there is a spy program in one of those 230 items and it turns off the protections as soon as the SB is "closed". I wanted to copy and list the protections that are not getting checked and I cannot figure out how to capture the whole list. A screenshot will only get the 10 or 12 that show in the window not the whole batch.

Being a complete n00bie when it comes to troubleshooting programs I am turning to you folks. Is there a n00bie rated fix for this problem ? Is it Firefox or SB ? I do not use SpyBot S&D any longer so it is gone and that isn't the problem.

The problem seems to have come with the 4.0 program. I didn't have this in the 3.51 version.
    Please notify me IF there is a fix for this bug-a-boo.
    captgooch at lstx dot net
    [I don't often come around here as I don't get much time online at all anyway]

Thanks,
    gooch

2. captgooch

captgooch Registered Member

*bump*

Still looking for assistance If anybody gets the time ....

Still doing my "up, open and minimized" work around ....

OTHER than physically writing all of the 230 protections that I am having to manually protect for Could someone tell me how to get the entire list up for spy sleuthing ?

Thanks,
    gooch

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

A few questions:

1.) What version of Windows are you running?

2.) What other security/privacy software are you running? (i.e. anti-virus, anti-trojan, firewall, other anti-spyware, cleaning tools, etc.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.