4.0 still not protecting Firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by captgooch, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captgooch

captgooch Registered Member

I have read the thread [which is closed BTW] that stated that folks were getting relief from this kind of problem by updating to 4.0 and various other hoops and hurdles. I never did find any file named registry.dat ..... anywhere on my machine.
    I have 4.0 installed and every time I open Spyware Blaster [SB] it shows the Firefox cookie protection box at the top of the Mozilla-Firefox protection page is checked BUT none of the 230 protections listed are checked. If I uncheck the "cookies" box and then recheck it they do get checked off and all protections are on.
    OR >>>
    I can click on enable all protections and YEP it does check them all and it says that I now am completely protected. same-same
    If I close the SB program and reopen it, it shows the same 230 protections are again unprotected.
    I have found a work around that is pretty redundant BUT it makes me feel protected and that is to open SB and allow it to finish loading [230 Firefox items unprotected ....] then I click enable all protections and after it loads I minimize it instead of closing it.
    So ... now I surf with SB active and up on the lower bar as well as the other "windows" I have open.

I keep thinking that there is a spy program in one of those 230 items and it turns off the protections as soon as the SB is "closed". I wanted to copy and list the protections that are not getting checked and I cannot figure out how to capture the whole list. A screenshot will only get the 10 or 12 that show in the window not the whole batch.

Being a complete n00bie when it comes to troubleshooting programs I am turning to you folks. Is there a n00bie rated fix for this problem ? Is it Firefox or SB ? I do not use SpyBot S&D any longer so it is gone and that isn't the problem.

The problem seems to have come with the 4.0 program. I didn't have this in the 3.51 version.
    Please notify me IF there is a fix for this bug-a-boo.
    captgooch at lstx dot net
    [I don't often come around here as I don't get much time online at all anyway]

Thanks,
    gooch

2. captgooch

captgooch Registered Member

*bump*

Still looking for assistance If anybody gets the time ....

Still doing my "up, open and minimized" work around ....

OTHER than physically writing all of the 230 protections that I am having to manually protect for Could someone tell me how to get the entire list up for spy sleuthing ?

Thanks,
    gooch

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

A few questions:

1.) What version of Windows are you running?

2.) What other security/privacy software are you running? (i.e. anti-virus, anti-trojan, firewall, other anti-spyware, cleaning tools, etc.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.