3rd choice paid AV please?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tobamore, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

In a word, Dr Web. Oops... that was 2 words, wasn't it?

DrWeb + ADInf integrity checker = the dangerous duo. Beautifully interfaced! :cool:

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Or...Brain AV+Common sense...a dangerous combo!

3. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

As an update, I decided to buy another license for nod - guess this makes it 1st equal, not 3rd, for me at least. ;)

#
    Toby

4. bellgamin

Hmmm... a current NOD-user takes us through a whole "help-me-decide" rigamarole, only to come full circle & rate NOD "1st equal." A lovely stroll down the primrose path, wot?

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

NOD32 and BitDefender 8 Std work very well together. Something like dual engine AV. There is a very good chance that one or another will detect what other missed. No conflicts at all,also no slowdowns :)

6. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

A third choise AV... lol why in the world use 3 AV's anyway... well it should be like this for me...

1) F-Secure / KAV
    2) McAfee
    3) F-Prot / Symantec / avast!

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

No it should be like this :p :):

1)F-Secure/KAV/GDATA or eXtendia AVK
    2)McAfee
    3)NOD32/Dr.Web/ArcaVir

The 1st choice represents powerful zoo and ITW malware detection.
    The second choice represents powerful removal of ITW malwares and quite a bit of zoo malwares too.

the 3rd one is a representative of powerful heuristic detection.

Just my two cents :)

Best Regards,
    Firecat

8. tobamore

I asked the question with genuine intentions and don't take kindly to someone that to all intent and effect has called me a liar! :mad: Or at least suggesting that I have created a thread as a vehicle to exult nod, give me a break, my time at least, is a little more important than that!

I bought Dr Web for Gods' sake! It has been put to good use on another pc too, just not the pc it was bought for. I just gave an update to be polite - a point missed entirely by Bellgamin apparently. :rolleyes:

If you were interested enough in the thread to post, you may have noted that I at no time put down Dr Web, only stating a fact that it does not run well on that particular pc (at maximum settings remember?) Nod does run well on that pc - fact. I am not trying to sell nod to anyone else, it works for me - again fact. If my update offended you and your obvious concerns for Dr Web, I apologise. To everyone else that posted constructively, thank you for your help and advice.

Many thanks,

#
    Toby

9. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Oh Toby..Toby..Toby !!!!!
    Calm down...nobody is ostracizing you in any way....smile and get back that sense of humour you know you have.
    It is a discussion, not an argument, and we ALL have different opinions (and different setup of PC's)...if we never agree to disagree, the world would be boring, to say the least.
    Dr. Web may not work on your particular PC, just as some NOD users have problems on their individual PC's. BTW..I use both on different PC's.
    My interpretaion of "bells" statement is to instill some light hearted humour, not to flame you in any way.
    So have a martini, smile and relax.
    I could send you the martini, but I ran out of clean glasses...lol ;)
    Cheers :)

10. bellgamin

Okay.

I never said that you did. I like DrWeb, but I am by no means obsessive about it. In fact, I recently recommended NOD over DRW at post #14 on THIS thread.

Your remark is just exactly the type of comment that I did NOT choose to make.

11. tobamore

No problem at all, my agitation was caused by Bellgamins comments only, enough to prompt me to make my points in return. We are all grown ups here and Wilders is usually very helpful and friendly, but I guess we all have off days. ;)

By the way, I don't like martini, any wine please? Or perhaps a 'virtual' beer? :D

Cheers,
    #
    Toby

12. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I have to chime in . I find it rude to call one down when he was only responding to a condescending remark . I thought Bell's comment was uncalled for as well . And the question is which BESIDES NOD and KAV .
    All that said , Fredra , go ahead and tell me to chill out too . I like what you have added in these forums but , your comment was best left unsaid . I only jump on this because wrong is wrong . Bell bothered him . He said so . Over . Done . History . And Tobamore . I hope you got some good things out of this thread . Good Luck to you

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Gentlemen this thread is on the verge of going bad with all of the negative comments towards each other. Please keep it on topic or it will be closed.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.