3questions about Making/restoring images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ashrack, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashrack

ashrack Registered Member

Firstly I installed WinXP and then made a backup of the partition to a network drive thru ACRONIS 8 build 912. Then I deleted the partition with WINXP on it and installed Win2k. And also made a backup, but this time I decreased the size of the partition, to support ACRONIS SAFE ZONE, and put the image in there.

1. If I restore the WinXP image which is on a network drive will it also overwrite the ACRONIS SAFE ZONE partition?

2. Any way I could put the WInXP image also in the ACRONIS SAFE ZONE along with Win2k image. ACRONIS SAFE ZONE has enough space to support another image.

3. Activated ACRONIS STARTUP RECOVERY AGENT, but now I would like a way to disable it as it is eating too much time at bootup(I like my system to boot as fast as possible). Will rather proced with a CD RESCUE DISK.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No.

Restore the WinXP image and make a new image to the Secure Zone. You can't copy anything into or out of the Secure Zone. It's too secure for that.

Yes, reverse what you did in setting it up. In other words, remove the recovery agent from the Wizard that manages it.

3. ashrack

Just a thought:
    What if I mount the WinXP image to drive Z:
    And then CREATE IMAGE into SECURE ZONE from drive Z?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I think we need to mention that the only way TI deactivates the Startup Recovery Manager (SRM) is by using the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to remove the Secure Zone (SZ). However, this will also delete any image contained within it.

To deactivate the SRM without deleting the SZ/image you will need to carry out a fixmbr from the Windows Recovery Console or download and use the Acronis mbrautowrite file as detailed in the Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

Regards

5. ashrack

Sweet.. It works. Did it thru recovery console.
    IT really should have a deactivate switch for SRM.

6. ashrack

Anyone care to reply if this could be possible'

7. ashrack

No1??

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ashrack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that you will not be able to create an image of the mounted volume, since Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to backup only the volumes of the physical hard drives, but not the virtual ones.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. ashrack

Tanx. I presume that it's the same with version 8 which I currently use,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.