3B personal firewall pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by solarpowered candle, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Has anyone had any experience with 3B personal Firewall Pro ?
    :)

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

3. solarpowered candle

Thank you Crazy M :)

4. controler

controler Guest

Wow , almost the same screen shot for both programs under different names and one offers a 30 day trial.
    Don't you just hate it when people offer security software under different names. It just confuses the world.

5. root

root Registered Member

Big difference between those two sites. Does appear to be the same firewall though. The 3B site give little if any information.
    I suppose if someone had nothing better to do they could check it out and run some scans. I don't have time or I would look at it.
    Never heard of this before. Wonder how many others are out there that I'm unaware of? :rolleyes:

6. solarpowered candle

Well I actually did try them both last night (being a cold quiet pre winters eve ). They are both the same . Just a diffirent name at the top. I received yesterday in my junk mail a offer from 3B to purchase it for $ 9.99 reduced from $ 39.99 (big drop in price) This price included the Web watch. CrazyM provided that interesting link to the Secure Up site. They offer it currently for $29.99 and will throw web watch in if you buy it .
    I took them for test at the new shield up site and it did not attain any stealth, just closed ports,apart from two 110 and 135 which were wide open (my mail) . Its a very nice firewall but would require a knowing of setting a few rules me thinks. I took them off after trying them . It didnt slow things down at all. Very nice if one could feel comfortable with making the necesary rules. I dont so . I must say Im comfortable back with my look n stop ( its easy lol ) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.