360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

Mea Culpa...edited post. Banking/shopping mode works. Download scan doesn't.

2. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

Anyone having any luck with getting file Download scan to work with Chrome64?
    360 support wanted to do Teamviewer...said theirs works. 360 support is responsive; I'll give'm that.
    (Nobody touches my machine...at best, they accomplish nothing, leaving the most likely outcome being breaking stuff)

Downloading eicar test, 360 does catch it with the "Scan file when saved" option and doesn't detect anything when that option is disabled.

edit: Download scan; file scan works just fine

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

For the record, how Q360 teamviewer works:
    1: they constantly ask if you're in front of the monitor to watch their every move
    2: If you're not, they will not proceed even if you repedeately affirm that you trust them
    3: They will not do any modifications to the system to destabilize it
    4: Their tw session is diagnostic only and mostly passive

This is just for those concerned about teamviewering with Qihoo. This is firsthand experience I did with them. That's how I solved my action center problem constantly nagging that the protection is off.

4. arnie_d

arnie_d Registered Member

Is there any place for downloading standalone virus database for the standard 360 Scan Engine (not Avira or Bitdefender)

TSE 7.2.0.1012
    Last Update: 05.08.2015

5. GakunGak

Those are cloud only [server side]. However, if you encounter a virus, a small sig will remain on your system in case you go offline, so that 360 is able to detect and contain that threat.

6. arnie_d

Hi GakunGak,

many thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I mean the small sig's.
    I thought that they are updated twice a day?

http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/help/
    How frequently are the virus definitions updated?

Or do they mean the cloud sig's?

7. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I tested in another machine and it doesnt work, hope Qihoo will fix this bug.

8. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

@GakunGak It's not that I don't trust Qihoo's intent; I don't trust anyone's competence. The cable modem installer who wants to "look" at my computer is met with the same opposition. No offence but imagine a recent art graduate asking DaVinci for the brush and palette to help him with the Mona Lisa...

Support has been asking questions, sending screenshots and I've responded to all of them.

@Nightwalker It's not working on both my machines also. Both of them were in-place upgraded from Chrome*32 to Chrome64; was yours also or did you always run Chrome64? I wonder if there's bad juju from a dirty install (why I hate doing that).

9. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

No upgrade, it was a clean Chrome64 installation.

10. GakunGak

Sometimes I see notifications 3-5 times a day, sometimes 2, depends....
    For cloud, under http://index.360.cn/sec_risk?lang=en_us Newly added trojan viruses you can track how many definitions are added per day on Qihoo engine.

11. GakunGak

I'm saying that sometimes, diving into the problem directly :)
    And Q engineers are top notch in their field, have their own workshops, academy, participating in hack conventions [whitehat], MS security partner, and provide services other than security such as child protection [gps tracking], smart home security and management, small and huge businesses architecture and technology partnership, marketing and stuff :)
    And The Boss is a philantropist and tai chi practitioner [those calm guys waving hands and legs around doing.... something]...
    So, relax, you'd be in a good hands. :)
    You could always go virtual and see how they work as well, build trust....

12. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Hi Peeps:
    New version of 360 Total Security announced on the official website!

Version 7.2.0.1052 - Aug 11, 2015

Download: http://free.360totalsecurity.com/totalsecurity/360TS_Setup_Mini.exe

What's new in the latest version?
    • Fixed: Bug fixes

360safe support team (Qihoo):

Welcome to visit our website: http://www.360totalsecurity.com/

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/360safe

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/360TotalSec

Join the community Google +Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104620459102090353616

E-mail: support@360safe.com

Thanks.

13. arnie_d

What kind of notifications?
    I have no notifications and no updates.

360.jpg

14. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

You have no updates because you have no signatures to update; your BD & Avira engines are disabled.

I used to get notifications when those engines were updated; it was a nuisance (notify me when there's a problem, not when regular updates work like they're supposed to.) If they didn't change that, I just blocked them in the notification center (which isn't used by the scanning, malware notifications).

After answering questions and providing screenshots, support says they are working on the Chrome64 issue.

15. arnie_d

Thanks Rolo42!

16. GakunGak

Sorry, should have been more specific.
    I meant on system tray, near the clock, baloon notification.
    As @Rolo said, you have disabled engines so there is nothing to update. Either enable them [hover over both of them and click on slider button] or do protection switch Balanced>Security>APPLY>Balanced>Apply...

17. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

I do recommend turning it up to 11; I never noticed any performance hits with all options enabled in "Custom" and all engines...even on a VM.

18. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

I definitely recommend using the Bitdefender engine as all the QVM engine has ever picked up for me are false positives.

19. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

Just a heads up. It seems 360 TSE (probably TS as well) is picking up the latest Catalyst Control Centre update on windows 10 (64Bit) as "HEUR/QVM42.0.Malware.gen"
    The file runs from the C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp directory

Ypu can check yourself by opening CCC and going to Software Update -> Check For Updates. You can then say trust the file but it still stops the execution and you have to manually run it from the above location.
    The weird thing is if you just leave it and it auto blocks the file has no digital signature but if you add it to the trust list it then it has one!

Certainly a new one on me this behaviour, any one else come across it? Oh and i`m pretty sure it`s an fp...
    Sorry screenshoted the wrong exe, done the right one on it`s own (downloaded it 3 times)

Attached Files:

• CC.png
      CC.png
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
    • cc2.png
      cc2.png
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
    • cc1.png
      cc1.png
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
    • CC3.png
      CC3.png
      File size:
      121.3 KB
      Views:
    • cc6.png
      cc6.png
      File size:
      12.5 KB
      Views:
  20. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

If it's been reported by the QVM engine then it is more than likely a false positive. They should allow us to disable the QVM engine since all it ever gives me is FPs and most real detections come from Bitdefender.

21. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

totally agree. it doesn't serve any purpose other than annoying it's users with it's fp since i would just ignore it anyway when it pops up.

22. arnie_d

Thank you very much!

23. GakunGak

You're most welcome.

24. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

It seems there is a problem with total security in windows 10 64bit. It seems that adding browsers or a mybe other files to my toys in sandbox will sometimes get removed from it or unsandboxed. So I have to add them again. This issue need to be addressed.

25. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Firefox gives a warning message for the 360 add-on with a light yellow warning colour and says; 360 internet protection could not be verified for use in firefox. Proceed with caution. Perhaps 360 should fix this with firefox and add their extension to their add-on list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.