360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Sorry I am late at the party, I am very rarely free with time to check forums.

Regarding 8.1, I am NOT able to provide support as I am not using it, I use Win7 64bit.....

Officially, IS should work on 8.1 [RTM version, that is]... IS is not that updated as much as TS, so, TS should work on 8.1 as far as sandbox is concerned.

@pb1 , maybe you should contact support@360safe.com for direct troubleshooting [if you're willing to teamviewer with them?].

EDIT: If someone wants browser autosandbox, then I suggest:

Get Epic Browser [google it!], install, enable proxy etc, then force it's sandbox inside TS:
    Sandbox>My Toys>Add auto-sandbox program.
    That should cover MOST dangerous needs right there....

2. GakunGak

@cruelsister : it is nice to have malware sigs in place in case of internet connectivity loss :) But I do agree, Qihoo's engines are rocking solid, but I still couple them with BD/AV.

For anyone who is interested, the following combo works just fine for me:

Q360TS Security Mode, Comodo Firewall + HIPS + BB + Sandbox, Malwarebytes realtime + antiexploit, plus weekly hitmanpro scheduled normal scan.

UPDATE:

Version History
    • v6.0.0.1099 BetaDecember 19, 2014
      ▪ Added: New themes to dress up your 360 Total Security

▪ Fixed: Bug fixes

Here's my experiences:
    1: unknown files: blocked by comodo, unable to run. Awesome!
    2: unknown files, risky: blocked by comodo, comodo is the first to quarantine, if not, then qihoo, if not, then malwarebytes
    3: known files, sometimes blocked by comodo, simple add to trust list solves the problem.
    4: comodo hips intercepts faster than qihoo, basically 100% of the time since I have this combo
    5: slowdown only at startup, but normal operations go smooth, including gaming [arma 3 with 68 mods installed!], I am very happy! :)

3. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

As i thought then - but i needed the clarifying . Thank you .

Oh - i should have mentioned that i run IE11 on W8.1 and neither IS or TS supports it according to the message popup that comes to view instead of the expected boxed browser .

I really would want the opportunity to do scheduled scans in TS - for me it is the deal breaker that makes me stay away from TS and use IS instead .

4. guest

guest Guest

At a firewall level I don't agree, WFC is as granular as CIS FW or even more.

5. GakunGak

I respectfully disagree.
    IMO, Comodo has more firewall control than WFC because of:
    - port stealthing
    - traffic lockdown
    - reporting tools [incoming and outgoing]
    - trust/block specific/all wired/wireless connections
    - easily define access/permissions based on ruleset [predefined or user created]
    - easily define access/permissions based on ruleset [predefined or user created] on running process
    - define global rules for internet traffic
    - predefined grouping of port sets
    - not exactly firewall-ish, but also there, website filtering

Most probably I have gone offtopic so I will cease other-than-Qihoo chatter.....

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Just talk about Qihoo 360, please...

7. DX2

DX2 Guest

Where can you download the newest version? v6.0.0.1099

8. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

http://int.down.360safe.com/totalsecurity/360TS_Setup_Beta_6.0.0.1099.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

10. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

I'm currently trying the beta version (v6), seems to run fine on my machine. Though, I wish it has an "elevate privileges" feature (I believe ESET or Avira is using this) or make some of the features, more compatible with non-administrator users.

Most of the program settings (Trust list, Sandbox, Antivirus settings, etc.) need Admin rights to be configured -- so as a workaround, I had to launch Q360TS as administrator (via Charms Bar -> Search -> Right Click, Run as Administrator) to modify some settings. In the same mode, I added my favorite browser inside auto-sandbox for it to be always launched within the sandbox. I may have missed it on this thread, but how do you test if the sandbox is really working?

11. GakunGak

Sandbox>Running List

To test if it is working, Start>type notepad, right click, run in sandbox, write something down, save in Desktop [or whatever], it shouldn't be where it is, but:
    Sandbox>File List>Document Files> C:\360Sandbox\SHADOW\.......

After you're satisfied, go to main sandbox menu, press Cleanup Sandbox Storage. If you have still notepad open, it should prompt you close all programs.
    This kills the notepad.

12. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Kery- A sandbox test for you is easier and more dramatic as you have a browser already sandboxed. Just open the sandboxed browser and go to a site like CNET (or whatever) and download an application. Run the install routine of that application and allow it to start. Now go into Qihoo's sandbox module and reset the box. All should vanish- Qihoo will actually give a listing of all sandboxed processes for you to agree to close.

13. guest

guest Guest

- port stealthing. This is useless read about it on google https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showt...-stealth-quot-mode-are-not-a-security-feature http://www.insanitybit.com/2012/05/30/stealth-ports-or-closed/
    - traffic lockdown. Available on WFC
    - reporting tools [incoming and outgoing]. Available on WFC and IMO much more advanced.
    - trust/block specific/all wired/wireless connections. no very useful, you can do it as well on windows without WFC. IN WFC you can block an app per connection type, wireless, local, remote access, and this is not available on CIS
    - easily define access/permissions based on ruleset [predefined or user created]. Available on WFC and the popups are more advanced, you can customize a rule directly from the popup if you want, in comodo you have to change the profile if you are not in the advanced mode
    - easily define access/permissions based on ruleset [predefined or user created] on running process. Overlaps with the previous point, and doesn't add new functionality
    - define global rules for internet traffic. Available on WFC
    - predefined grouping of port sets. This is not available but is just a commodity, not security feature.
    - not exactly firewall-ish, but also there, website filtering. Tons of addons for browsers can do this as well.

So it has the same security features

One advantage I see on WFC is that the popups gives you more information, and with 1 click you can do a whois or check the file in VT, check the ip address or customize the rule, or allow the connection until restart or temporary... I think that WFC is as advance as CIS or even more, and more capable for advanced users.

And it has a much more active development, I haven't seen almost any change in CISFW other than the interface.
    http://www.binisoft.org/changelog.txt

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  14. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

@Gakun,cruel: Unfortunately this doesn't work with a standard user account, at least on my Windows version. Even if I elevate (the workaround I was talking about) and try to add notepad (and even Firefox), sandboxing is not working -- not visible from "Running List." There's even a bug, if you try to press the "Play button" on "My Toys," it would state that it cannot find the software.

However, making this beta software work in a non-administrator account is a a step in the right direction. This has been my wish (and probably most of its potential user-base) for quite some time now. In any case, Sandboxing seems to be working fine with Administrator rights. Once this feature becomes available within a standard user account I'll probably become a convert. ;)

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm using 360 TS with AppGuard and MBAE, and until now works really well.

The Protection Mode is Custom: Performance with Avira.

Do you know if without "Scan File When Opened" and "Scan File When Saved", the Avira and BitDefender engines, still works?

16. GakunGak

You should be getting basic realtime protection [hips with alerts for system modification], not for files and virus scanning.
    Avira and cloud would work on on-demand scan only.
    Realtime protection is achieved with file open/save options....

17. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

It's my experience that the BitDefender engine is what has detected most of the malware I have downloaded to test with. Possibly this is because TS/IS run the scan through Bitdefender first but either way it makes more sense.

18. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

Is there some incompatibility issue between 360 TS and chrome inbuilt malware filter? I ask that because if I try to download a malware with chrome malware filter enabled (default configuration), the bad files are saved on the hard disk with no warning by 360. If I disabled chrome malware filter, 360 catches those same files. With Firefox I've no problem.

19. GakunGak

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/360-internet-protection/glcimepnljoholdmjchkloafkggfoijh
    Do you have this installed?

20. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

21. GakunGak

Hi, just saw your message, wilders emails always end up in my spam.
    Anyway, I couldn't reproduce your problem.
    Contact support@360safe.com and let them know your problem.
    Include the following information:
    - Your OS and architecture
    - Your 360TS version [find in the gui, write the whole numbers]
    - Your Google Chrome verson [write down the whole thing, find it in the about]
    If you have a samples for them, write down the links in the message with a warning that those are live malware.
    Someone should contact you starting Monday. Don't expect a reply in the weekend.

22. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

What's new in the latest version ?
    v6.0.0.1108 Jan 4, 2015 BETA
    1.Added: Reduce network usage when using 3G network
    2.Added: Option to attach profile picture when sharing boot time
    3.Fixed: Bug fixes

23. GakunGak

Thanks for the heads up!

24. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Any news on 360 IS?

25. nikkho

nikkho Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.