360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

It asks on trojans and autorun USB devices if you put him on auto-decision.
    As for automatic quarantine, works on my end. Please confirm you don't have anything in quarantine and send me your email address and I'll have someone from Qihoo contact you.

Checked for the second time. Works. How?
    Select all, scan, wait for results, select all again, clean, boom clean recycle bin. :)
    First select is what areas to scan and what not, second select is what to clean and what to leave alone.

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I'm actually extremely familiar with Qihoo TS; on a Windows 7 setup the Bin cleanup isn't functioning on initial Cleanup run. The contents of the Recycle Bin is listed (among other things) in the Windows System Junk Files listing, but in order to actually Clean it necessitates running the Cleanup function between 3 and 4 times. If it's working for you the issue must be sporadic.

This was the same issue that occurred starting in build 1072 (when they fixed the Cleanup function slowdown). They were aware of it, as one of the changes in 1074 was:

1.Fix: Cleanup – unable to clean up recycle bin

So looks like the Fix was only kinda-sorta successful.

3. GakunGak

I wouldn't actually call it kinda, it gives you one more chance to think about or select what you want to clean or skip cleaning.... but if majority do not want that, I have to respect the decision :)
    Even after latest upgrade still not working for you?

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

@GakunGak ,

Maybe you can answer these questions:

1. The "Internet Protection > Malicious Website Blocking" only works with your supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox)? It supports HTTPS?
    2. How the "System Protection > Network Threat Blocking" feature works? This monitors all the network connections?

Thanks ;)

5. GakunGak

1: If you use addon, currently supported is Chrome Firefox. 360 Browser / 360 Extreme Browser feature internal malicious website blocking and phishing. As for HTTPS, do not have info on that, but I assume it is not HTTPS supported. What I do know is, if anything bad goes through, it will be caught on execution by 360 TS/IS.
    2: Monitors network behaviour, if something suspicious is happening that resembles that of a worm or hacker intrusion, it will protect the system.
    It is not a firewall [Qihoo at this time thinks firewall is not required despite numerous requests], but with it it will accordingly protect the system against any malicious usage they think is dangerous.
    Seing this is popular question, I shall request more details on this, thanks for your question. I will post any update here.

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Then it doesn't work with other browsers... :(
    Maybe they can add support for Opera, and other browsers too...

Thanks for your help! ;)

7. GakunGak

Which browsers you'd like to see supported?

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Mainly Opera...

9. GakunGak

Well then, in that case, it's easy:
    Step 1: Down'install this: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en
    Step 2: Go here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/360-internet-protection/glcimepnljoholdmjchkloafkggfoijh
    Install and you're done. I don't know if you're supposed to see this at the end http://info.url.cloud.360safe.com/chrome/plug.php?la=en-US&rq=2
    but if not, no worries, you still got it :)

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I already tried that, but doesn't seems to work, because for example the "Online Shoping Protection" didn't work...

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

After restart the browser it seems to works...

12. GakunGak

:thumb:
    Many thanks for your confirmation! ;)

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I wish users were able to disable all the crap they don't want to use. Like that stupid Facebook login or the junk cleaners and stuff. I never wanted that and never will and is one of major reasons why i don't like this product.

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The 360 Support said today that it supports HTTPS...

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I also don't like it, or find any utility on it, but at least I'm not obligated to use it...

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

But it happens too often that you click something by mistake and then it's bothering you with it constantly when you cancel the actions...

17. GakunGak

Can't blame the free wanting to promote their product with Facebook. Which is much better than having the "Licence expired, you are doomed, nuclear detonation in 3,2,1......", etc.
    Joking aside, Facebook is way up there, out of harm's reach, and as for cleaners, no need to use them, or the big button, you can just use the virus scan tab.
    Or, switch to Internet Security, which is capable little brother. :)
    Oh, man, I strongly recommend you try the Chinese weshi version 10 :shifty:
    http://www.360.cn/weishi/index.html?source=homepage
    I am sure you'd like it :-*

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

But like i said, when you do click that big button by mistake, it's hard to climb out of the hellhole of warnings and notices from the program when you try to cancel them (or not apply actions to found items).

Beside, why not have those options enabled by default, but give users ability to disable that through settings?

19. GakunGak

It has been requested already to have custom settings. I shall ask again.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thanks, i'd greatly appreciate if 360TS would get those options.

21. iforget

iforget Guest

I made the mistake of installing this on my mothers laptop, she opened up the GUI clicked on the check now button. It ended up deleting/disabling stuff that makes no sense deleting or disabling on her system. It was just easier to reinstall an older system image than try and fix it.

I like the protection 360 TS provides, I prefer the GUI and it feels lighter than IS on my systems, but unless they use a custom installer, or provide a way to disable/ hide the tune up stuff I cant install it on any systems but my own anymore.

22. GakunGak

Was the system bootable? If Yes, then:
    Main GUI>Virus Scan>Quarantine
    There you can restore stuff.
    If No, then:
    On boot, press F8 and choose Restore Last Known Configuration, or use System Restore.

What I find, usually, is people having enabled really unnecessary stuff, autoupdaters and various services, which contribute nothing but bog down system.
    The only concern I have at this time with speed up with Total Security, is that actually it does not disable more than it should.
    Oh, the drama, having to disable tons of stuff so the 4 minute startup can actually go to, wow, 58 seconds.

Total can be totally newbie friendly, just turn off popups, hide it's desktop icon and notification icon from the desktop, and most people won't know it's even there.

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

What i've learned through years is that optimizers don't really optimize anything. They just screw up systems. That's why i don't want them. Only good is CCleaner, because it doesn't clean the most, but it cleans only 100% safe stuff. And that's all i'll ever need or want.

24. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

+ 1

25. iforget

iforget Guest

100% agreed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.