360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

2. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

So I am a little confused, this program does not come with a firewall? So I will need to install a separate firewall?

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It does not have its own firewall. If you're happy using the built in Windows firewall, then you won't need a seperate one.

4. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Ok, thanks for responding. I guess i'm off to get Online Armor.

5. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

I've got a reply, they want it to update twice a day.
    But i think thats going to be hard when i see avira engine updates (in program files) from 4/10 and the latest from today 11/10 ...... so that was one week outdated :thumbd: even though the program says its updates every day thats not correct...
    http://s25.postimg.org/avr5y1vrj/Avira_engine_updates.jpg

Already mentioned in post666
    360 Total Security English Beta!

So nothing has changed till now, but their cloud engines are very strong, so covered pretty good.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  6. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

Well, at least they answered to you. That's something :)
    I agree their cloud engines are very strong, especially the heuristic one. So far using Avira engine is totally useless because it is updated once per week. Just checked it out today and the last definition file is from friday 10/10/14:confused:
    The funny thing is that the program says the definitions have been updated this morning:D

7. Pat MacKnife

With the cloud engines you have no database on your computer, if you leave avira engine on you will always have a database in your computer to rely on at times when there might be no internet connection etc... at least there is a virus database on the computer.
    I'm using their cloud engines and the avira engine, BD engine is using too much Ram and not so sure if protection is stronger with BD.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  8. Ivars70

Ivars70 Registered Member

9. Pat MacKnife

10. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I had to dump Qihoo 360IS because it did not play well with limited user accounts and fast user switching. I have not had this problem on Total Security though. It seems they still have not worked out the ability to work well with non-admin accounts.

11. tgell

tgell Registered Member

12. The Dragonfly

The Dragonfly Registered Member

Can 360 Total Security run alongside another Antivirus?

13. happysurf

happysurf Registered Member

I think so but is always is a very bad idea.

14. roger_m

If it does support it - I'm not sure if Total Security does not, then in theory it should be fine to run another AV alongside it. Ideally you would have the real time protection disabled for on the antiviruses.

15. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

Does anybody know how much reliable is their patch-up feature? Don't want to mess up with my system. Also does it cover other software vulnerabilities like java for example?

16. porrkanon

porrkanon Registered Member

What's new in the latest version? Version 5.0.0.2055 October 16, 2014
    1.Add: Protection for attacks that exploits Windows vulnerability CVE-2014-4114

2. Add: Protection for attacks that exploits Windows vulnerability CVE-2014-4148

3. Add: Patch for Microsoft update of vulnerability CVE-2014-4114 - MS14-060

4. Add: Patch for Microsoft update of vulnerability CVE-2014-4148 - MS14-058

5. Bug fixes: Unable to detect some non-executable files within 7z archives.

17. Ryxes

Ryxes Registered Member

Since today 360TS gives me some critical error and just force closes. Then a message asking me to upload a report pops up with the option to restart the program, which I did, but 360TS still keeps force closing with that same error. Has anyone experienced something like this recently?

18. happysurf

Yes, this morning after last 5.0.0.2055 update, before never.

19. Pat MacKnife

Updated to 2055 no errors here, what you can do is uninstall and reinstall with the new version.

20. Pat MacKnife

360 Total security Update
    What's new in the latest version ?

Version 5.0.0.2057 October 17, 2014
    Fix: Program exits suddenly when scanning specific files on Windows XP.

http://www.360totalsecurity.com/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  21. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Greetings, everyone, I'm back :)
    What did I miss?

22. happysurf

In fact my program error was on XP. ;)

23. roger_m

After installing this again recently, I can only say that I still hate it. Sadly, it is nothing like 360 Internet Security. 360 Internet Security is without a doubt one of the best designed antiviruses there is in my opinion - and I reguarly try out different antiviruses. It is clear that a lot of thought has been out into the user interface for 360 Internet Security - unlike a lot of antiviruses. On the other hand, I rate the user inteface in Total Security as being terrible, and in its current form I would never use it myself or instlal it on a customers computer. I really hope that Qihoo do decide to continue development of 360 Internet Security.

So I don't stay off topic, I will post more in the 360 Internet Security thread.

24. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

If I understand this correctly, you're hating TS just because of the GUI? Good to know :)
    I look at TS maybe once per day, if that. Maybe even less. The thing just works.
    We shall see when the new version comes out what they do with it....
    I don't hate present GUI, it's simple, clear and easy to navigate.

25. roger_m

The speedup and cleaning functions are a big part of the program. But, I never want to use them, so would prefer if the program opened showing the antivirus interface instead of the screen where it checks mutilple things at once.

Some of the other issues I had, I found can be fixed under "Protection." I had thought that there was no way to disable proactive protection - which is something I never use, but I was mistaken. Also I found that you can also change the protection level, which is good as I want to configure 360 to be lighter.

So, ultimately the GUI is the issue for me, and reason why I'm about to uninstall 360. I think the GUI in 360 Internet Security is excellent, and it would be hard to improve on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.