360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Maybe they fixed Avira and Bitdefender taking days between updates? Fingers crossed.

2. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

They fixed Windows Action Center issue, that's for sure, no more turned off notification :)

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Not sure where you're seeing that. It still tries to download 5.0.0.1931 beta, and it says the last update was July 7th.

4. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I also saw it there yesterday but now it's gone...maybe they found some serious bug and decided to withdraw it until it's fixed?

5. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

Yeah, but two of those engines have outdated definitions (avira even one week old)

6. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  7. garrett76

This issue was already discussed before. The program says it has updated signatures, but actually it is not true.
    Take a look at pages 18-19 of this very topic and you will see what I mean.

8. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Has anyone seen the Outdated signatures problem even in the IS version? I get the feeling the problem only lies with the Avira engine as the BD engine in both IS and TS seem on par with signature releases.

9. garrett76

I don't use 360 IS, so don't know about it. As for TS, I can tell Bitdefender signatures are usually almost on par, just a few versions oudated.

10. avman1995

Yeah there hardly outdated by xxx.xxx.xx01 version from my research.Although I would love if Qihoo can fix this.

11. NWOAbschaum

even they are abit outdated that means nothing. qihoo cloud and inhous engines are always up2date and almost all detections come from qihoo. so i dont worry about bd/avira are some behind than normal. i even say qihoo would be a better product without this 2 engines. just marketing strategie to add bd and avira

12. avman1995

How they heck it doesnt matter?? What if the user has no internet connection at some point and comes across something brand new that goes past the defenses even with avira and BD engine there??

I know there may be minimal chances of that happening because of proactive defense being around but I think it would be better off being up to date.

13. NWOAbschaum

thats right, fogort without internet connecting. im lucky i live in a country/city where u always have stable net. i dont even use my laptop without internet so its not a big deal for me.proactive defense is weak atm in TS, the Beta version from TS have fully proactive defense like the is version.

14. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Sandbox was supposed to kick in and contain USB flash drive exe's when no connectivity, so the risk is minimized...

15. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

groundless statements, I would suppose to use arguments and proven data, not your personal feelings

16. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Not totally groundless. Although the native Qihoo engine has made great strides over the past 12 months, adding BD does provide improvement. But since Total Security English has been released my testing hasn’t shown that Avira adds an increase in detection that is statistically significant.

17. garrett76

Maybe because Avira definitions lag behind of one week?

18. cruelsister

Good point, but in this case not relevant. Those samples missed by the Qihoo/BD combination were show also to be missed by Avira. This takes nothing away from the quality of Avira; it just demonstrates that there is no significant additive protection to the engines already in place.

19. avman1995

Guys,after some research I realize that the BD engine in both TS and IS seem to be updating correctly with a very ignorable lag.

But 1 thing we must notice in avira vdf;s is that avira releases like 3-6 updates per day...normally its 3 updates per day but many times its more than 5 per day.So being 4-5 updates behind is not weeks behind just a day or less behind.

Just study their vdf history:
    http://www.avira.com/en/support-vdf-history

20. garrett76

The problem is that 360 TS seems to update Avira signatures just one day per week. Usually on tuesday or wednesday, if I remember well (now I removed it and switched to Avira free). So it's likely that they have updated the signatures just today. That's why it looks like just a few updates behind. Take a look at it in the next few days and, if nothing has changed since I uninstalled it, you will likely see that the Avira signatures are always the same as today.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  21. NWOAbschaum

thats just wrong. mine avira and bd signarutes updates 1-2 times per day. dont know why u have such problems. My friends and i havnt problems with auto update.

22. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I still find that TS misses the "eicar.com" file when it's downloaded, but if you copy-paste it, the new copy gets detected. Curiously, avast! presents the same problem to me (both tested on two PCs). Avira has no such issue, for example. For 360TS, I found that turning on "verify all file types" solved the problem, albeit it came back even with this configuration. For avast!, manually adding "com" extensions to be checked by the real-time file shield solved it.

23. garrett76

Have you read my post above? Did you check the Avira vdf file inside the Qihoo folder as described at pages 18-19 of this topic and compared to this: - http://www.avira.com/en/support-vdf-history - ?
    Anyway, if you read more carefully the topic you would see I'm not the only one who experience this issue.

24. NWOAbschaum

sure i have. im just saying my friends and me hanvt any problems with updating.

25. cruelsister

They just released a version 5 Final (build 1960) which can be found on their website.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.