360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I noticed that when it updates the av engines that both BitDefender and Avira still show as one or two days old, while saying they are now up to date.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

Originally posted by DBone:
    Just tried it and it didn't block a single thing, and I couldn't save my setting changes.

DBone, did you have at least the Bitdefender engine installed and turned on? I found similar results to what you are saying but with only the two in house engines running. That goes for 360 IS. If you don't have Bitdefender running, protection is nothing to write home about. If you didn't have the BD engine installed and running for both 360 Total Security and 360 IS then protection is diminished. Also, lets remember this is still a beta and there will be quirks. I contacted Qihoo with 3 issues over the weekend and I'm sure there will be more. I get the feeling, and I have nothing to support my feeling, but Qihoo's release of 360 TS seems rushed. 360 IS felt much more complete upon its release. Maybe Qihoo is letting us find the bugs? It wouldn't be the first time a company did that. The PC I am running 360 TS on with both the BD and Avira engines installed and running is about 5 years old. 4GB of RAM with a Western Digital Green 1tb hard drive, and a 2.1 GHz AMD Phenom II quad core processor, and a ATI Radeon HD 5670 video card. Far from being fast by any measure. I am very pleasantly surprised by how light on system resources 360 TS is. My boot times have constantly been between 16 and 20 seconds. I actually started to experience significant slowdowns when I had 360 IS installed. It was not that way when Qihoo first released 360 IS back in June of 2013. Little by little my PC suffered much slower boot times and 360 IS was becoming more and more of a system resources hog. Just opening a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet took forever. Just my experience. With 360 TS I am hoping this does not happen because I very much want to pair Qihoo TS up with Comodo FW like I had for about 9 months with 360 IS.

3. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

I think Qihoo should tell or state on their website that Total is Beta ! You can Only see in screenshot thats beta.... it could contain bugs that causes BSOD or other issues.

4. anon

anon Registered Member

5. cyberpau

cyberpau Registered Member

6. anon

anon Registered Member

7. AnonOT

AnonOT Registered Member

this doesn't have a sandbox like the 360IS right?

8. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Yes and no- It will have one, but at this time the sandbox hasn't been implimented.

9. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Cruel,could you test this new version and talk about anything related to proactive improvement from previous beta please.

Btw,is this officially released or what?

10. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Running version 3 with Bitdefender Total security 2015 beta- fantastic duo ! Now slowdowns in pc handling, even boot time ! Of course, I keep bitdefender's engine disabled in 360. Seems I run my pc in Fort Knox mode and light as feather :).

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

TI- I’ve given 360TS a number of runs over at MT as well as checking it privately. So far the drawbacks seen outweigh any benefits. To be specific (up to a point):

1). You mention the Proactive Module, and indeed this is my primary concern. Although active, it seems to be crippled. It use this term because it will certainly detect things like process injection, keyboard hooks, etc, it still for some reason does not always detect the creation of autostart routines (unlike 360IS). The current build is an improvement on the previous, but is still lacking. For me this a critical failing as a considerable amount of malware operate by spawning a daughter (payload) somewhere on the drive and it is the activation of this file that will lead to the system being infected. 360IS will invariably block the initiation attempt (leaving just an orphan), and thus protecting the system; 360TS will not.

2). I’ve noted that there has been some excitement in the addition of Avira. The issue for me here is that for an added scanner to be worth any increased system burden there has to be proof of benefit. Not that I mean to libel Avira in any way, but Qihoo has been aggressively improving its own engines, and with BD on board there really isn’t much room for improvement in the best of circumstances. I’ve so far seen little benefit and this benefit in no way outweighs the Proactive detection loss.

To sum, I realize that this is a Beta and will be improved, and in real world use none of my concerns may ever be an issue. That being said as things stand now I couldn’t recommend anyone switching from 360IS. I’m sure things will change in the future, but sadly we all live in the present.

12. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I ve just download the third version.....is it Beta?

111.PNG

13. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Also the beta was 32 bit, what about this new version ? 32 + 64 or still only 32 bit ?

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I uninstalled it today. It seemed to use a lot of resources with the AV engines installed.

15. nikkho

nikkho Registered Member

I am interested in that too, same as 360 IS was.
    Hope they will be able to combine 360 IS with 360 TS, I miss native x64 support, and Sandbox. But having Avira too in TS is nice!

16. IvoShoen

And both av's are always 1 or 2 days out of date.

17. AnonOT

AnonOT Registered Member

oh thanks for the info

18. stephentony

Checked with Qihoo this morning and the e-mail I received said 3.0.0.1202 is not a beta release but many changes to yet come. I have it paired up with Comodo FW and it is quite light with both Avira and BD engines installed.

19. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Stephentony, did they mention what kind of changes would be coming?

20. stephentony

Not at all. I sent another e-mail asking what particular changes and now I'm waiting to see if they respond. I am running 360 TS on one machine and 360 IS on the other. Both paired with Comodo FW. Both machines are identical in build and configuration running Windows 7. 360 TS seems much lighter to me at least right now. 360 IS had gotten progressively heavy the past few months. Throwing a bit of the same malware at each I found results for be very marginally different. Out of 112 infected files 360 TS detected 110 while 360 IS detected 109. Not very scientific, but if all things prove equal between the two in detection, then I'm leaning to using 360 TS because it runs so light on my system compared with 360 IS. Faster boot times with 360 TS, too.

21. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Got a confirmation from support.The product has been finally released! :)

Cruel,you can hopefully make a test of proactive now? I have informed them about update issues being 1-2 days behind and they said they will investigate it.

22. guest

guest Guest

Do you know why the keep both products in the catalog? is there a reason for that? because they are so similar.
    Is there a future plan to merge them or remove one of them?

23. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I m using the third version and everything is good,I have some questions:
    1-how can we manually update Avira and Bitdefender database,when you click on "update" the program engine is checked .
    2-after every boot,there is a report about boot time,is there any way to disable this notification?
    3-what is the sequence of engines while scanning?(maybe the threat is detected by two or three engines,how the threat is presented on that case,for example Avira finds it as a trojan,Bit calls it a PUP,when the alert comes up,how the threat is presented i the notification?)
    4-Does Qihoo use Avira and Bit. database to improve its own engine?

thanks in advanvce

24. IvoShoen

One thing you should know is that the Avira and BD defs are alway at least 1 or 2 days old even after 360 says its up tp date. This is why I will not use it.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  25. ifacedown

ifacedown Registered Member

You better try to do "custom"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.