360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

Correct. I would recommend doing the replacement I mentioned above.

2. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Registered Member

I am sure those 400m+ users are using the China version of 360 whereas the increased of about 22m might be from outside China. I think 22m/year is an alright grow.

3. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Its looks all the attention goes to 360 Total security (update again today 4.0.0.2051 for Total)
    Issue still not fixed for you guys ?

4. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Qihoo has already said 360IS is a dead product, to be discontinued the second half of the year.

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Why do they have v5 beta then? :confused:

7. Pat MacKnife

I beleieve v5 beta is out from jan 2014 and still not ready ?!!! o_O My thoughts its a dead product, Total is going to be their Flagship

8. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Source on the above .

Because if that is true i can not longer recommend it to clients .

9. Pat MacKnife

Uninstalled 360IS yesterday from my wife's computer, maybe go with Avira or Panda.
    For now i'm testing 360TS on my pc, but i see its consuming lots of megs ....

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It's just a couple pages up.

11. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Found it - post # 1956 - the intervju - thank you .

That`s it then - hmm .

12. Coco00

Coco00 Registered Member

360IS is not dead product.

from their facebook page

360 Security Center

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I just wish i could hide all the speedup/clanup stuff. I don't want it or need it. And the Facebook thingie. I don't mind if it's enabled by default but i want to have option to hide it in the settings. It's just unnecessary clutter that i don't want. Chinese have a funny way of defining Internet Security/Totakl Security packages. 360IS was Internet Security even though it was only antivirus with sandbox and Total Security is nothing but AV with bunch of cleanup tools. It doesn't really add up anything to security... (apart from penta engine setup).

14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It isn't a funny way, it is deliberately named so to obfuscate users. Unfortunately that's way how many Chinese companies act. Look at AliExpress (Chinese shopping site with the worldwide distribution) for instance and you will find many iPhones for the great prices but if you look at description almost all offered are with Android inside. And I could continue with other goods ...

15. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Respectfully, I want it and need it, those cleanup tools. They do come in handy and actually do improve older machines performance.
    By turning off unnecessary programs/services, it speeds up the responsiveness of a machine. I use it in the office environment as well as recommending it to my friends/customers who are generally pleased with it.
    So, I am actually glad they made free version of "Tune Up Utilities" or "Advanced System Care", which will only get improved on.
    As for the name of "Total Security", well, that's their way of saying they care complete care of a system, by protecting and speeding it up. What they could use is some feedback, which is just an email/facebook click away.
    What Q360 is doing is slowly taking their time to deliver a good product to use for free. Good things take time.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm not saying they are useless and i know they won't remove them, but just give us the ability to hide them from the menu for all those of us who don't need it at all.

17. GakunGak

If you want, I can send them email asking to consider, like make basic installer, check components that user wants to install, for example:
    1: antivirus, install only cloud, install with bitdefender, install with avira, install with all antivirus engines enabled
    2: check up: do not install, install but do not enable, install enabled
    3: sandbox: do not install, install but do not enable, install enabled

Of course, those not installed components should be installable from main GUI in case a user changes his mind?
    Would above be acceptable?

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I like the idea

19. GakunGak

Mail sent, will report back any/all replies....

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I was actually talking for Total Security package which has lots of unnecessary and unneeded components (cleanup/speedup stuff and facebook login).

21. GakunGak

And I sent mail for Total Security. Still no reply as of moment of this writing...
    And again, for you it is necessary, for me it is essential and of same importance as security features it has. :)

22. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

The chance of stopping the Facebook link is pretty much non-existent as Qihoo is ramping up advertising across the board so as to increase international presence,

23. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It is damn true ... their revenues are growing up steadily since 2011 and in March 2014 they reached $265 million. A growing trend is foreseen to continue. If we consider that they offer freeware applications what can generate such huge revenues? Yes, only advertisement ...

24. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

No- You misunderstand. The advertising of which I referred is to promote their products via various websites, magazines, dog-and-pony shows, etc. Actually this expense will undoubtedly decrease the net revenue.

The bulk of their sales currently comes from internet search (like Google, Yahoo) and mobile gaming. One of the main rumors regarding Qihoo is their entrance into the Enterprise space- and the only way that will happen would be the development and incorporation of a very good Firewall and Sandbox (they had better be good to compete with Palo Alto and FireEye).

25. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Ah, OK. Understood you now. ;) Though, regardless of whether it's mobile gaming or internet searching it generates huge profits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.