360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Mainly because AVC isnt the bible anymore. There are plenty of legit testing sites that prove it does work, including my own testing. Stealing? I didnt realize the IS360 was part of the US Government.:cautious:

The history of alot of products are shaky at the start and a more solid footing as they grow and prosper. IS360 is a very fine product and the company is increasing in visibility as each month passes.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Have a look at the second link here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2344966&postcount=1582
    You will see that is shows the Avira icon.

Some of us don't pay too much attention to test scores.

3. guest

guest Guest

Could you show me any other legit testing site a part from AVtest where 360IS has been tested?

Well one thing is spying what the user does in terms of which websites do they visit, and another one is steal passwords, and financial information...

4. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Registered Member

See http://www.360safe.com/

Scroll all the way to the bottom and see their certifications.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And name me one vendor who doesnt to some degree.:argh:

6. guest

guest Guest

All the others? I have never seen any other Security vendor accused for the same things (passwords, financial infor...), and in most of them you have the option to not even send anonymous statistical information about what you do with their product.

That means nothing.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well, in the end, you have your views and I respect that. For me, I love the product and use it on all my computers. And that is my choice. So, time to move on.

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I believe that their applications (regardless on platform) are fine.

I think that all security concerns stem from their previous and still ongoing activities in gaming and advertisement.

That's the reason they can offer all applications free of charge.

9. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Qihoo is currently suing the newspaper where these charges originally appeared for libel. Although originally filed in Shanghai, it was shifted to the Xuhui District Court (which hears libel cases) and is currently ongoing.

From Qihoo's 10Q to the SEC:

"In February 2013, we brought a defamation claim against Shanghai Jingwen Culture Communication Co., Ltd., or Shanghai Jingwen, in the Xuhui District People’s Court of Shanghai, alleging that Shanghai Jingwen published and distributed a series of false articles and reports against us on its website and electronic newspapers by maliciously accusing the level of safety and security of our products. We sought retraction of the defamatory statements, an apology from Shanghai Jingwen and RMB50 million in damages. This case is currently pending."

10. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for the update

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

LR- Not that I want to belabor a point here, but just common sense will make one skeptical about this allegation.

Qihoo is aggressively moving in to the China search space which has in prior years been just about owned by Baidu. The market capitalization of Baidu is almost 56 billion USD. They have over 6 Billion USD in cash.

Isn't it reasonable that if their main competitor was actually stealing user data that they would have hired someone for change found in the Corporate Couch to reverse the code and announce to the world that Qihoo was a criminal enterprise?

12. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

@guest,
    If you want you can see all nasty things about vendors, Comodo : NSA, Kaspersky : Russian mob, Lavasoft ad aware : Ex hackers,....

never seen money stolen from my bank account till now with Qihoo on my computer, if someone finds out it will be over for Qihoo360....

13. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

I think it's something to do with the recent trend on the forums about choosing very light, stripped-down security software/setup with decent to good detection rates. The fact that 360 has an excellent one means it has a good "core", just that there are design flaws in its web filter etc, which has already been confirmed. Although the flawed modules would normally have been important, users here aren't interested in them anymore, dismissing them as "bloat". Everyone's entitled to their choices, but that's how I see it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  14. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Their mobile security has 2 versions
    Mobile Security
    Mobile Safe

Mobile safe had app lock, now Mobile Security too has app lock.
    Now it seems both apps has same features & both are available.

So may be for desktop product too, they will keep both Internet Security & Total Security available.

But I dont understand why 2 products with same features?
    Though desktop version has different AV engine but mobile versions are same now.

15. guest

guest Guest

I will try it soon or later, still is not one of the lightest ones but looks good.
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/

I think I will wait for the version 5 to be ready or at least a RC. Is there any changelog for the version 5?

16. guest

guest Guest

Well finally I have installed the beta 5, I see now that their cloud av is using Amazon Cloud ip's, interesting.

What is the difference in the antivirus settings between file execution and file writing?
    Under what circumstances the medium level of protection (execution + writing) can protect you better than the low one (execution)?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  17. BobH44AZ

BobH44AZ Registered Member

360 IS has not updated from Database 2014-03-31 all day today ?
    Anyone else using 360 IS not had update install for today (4/1/2014) ?

Regards

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Beta has

Attached Files:

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i didnt get along with v4 ill give the new beta a shot soon.

20. aztony

aztony Registered Member

+1 Same here

21. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

hmm, only about 4 million malware signatures in total in 360IS database from your pic? That no where close to emsisoft about 13 million malwares signatures.

I guess I am sticking with emsisoft for protection for now.

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I hope you do realize that number of definitions is not directly comparable between different programs... Bitdefender's 4 million can be more efficient than someone elses 50 million if they count every signature variant as each new definition. These days single signature can detect thousands of variants.

23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I hope you both realize that those numbers are for....websites?
    :D

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It doesn't matter. Even website counting may vary between companies. One may count each blocked domain as one or they may as well count every blocked item on one as separate entry.

25. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Yes but regarding numbers....you are comparing apples to oranges.
    ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.