360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

Somebody's watching you. Guess who...........

But for the rest (foreign) users, nobody gives a damn.

2. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

One thing this product/website needs is the ability to submit samples (English Webpage) or a uploader through the actualy UI like Comodo has and hopefully it would work.

3. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I have tested 360 IS a couple of times and always get this (indicated as a virus) after the first scan. Anyone else see this from 360?
    C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe......it never appears with any other scanners, scans, (MBAM, HMP, ESET etc.)

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Hey RR :)
    My 360 is not having this detection, I'm sure 360 IS is not flagging the file rundll32.exe itself as a virus. because as you may know 'rundll32.exe' 's duty is just to run dll files. maybe the dll which is being run by rundll32.exe is infected or at least suspicious.

btw which engine is flagging rundll32 as infected?

Amin

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

On malwaretips, for malware package, someone is posting detections for 360 Internet Security & 360 Total Security (Chinese download available from 360 global website)
    Total Security is doing poor compared to Internet Security. Quite a difference in detection.

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

This is what I feared with the change in engine. I looked for the comparison, but couldn't find it anywhere on the site.

7. khanyash

Malware pack on malwaretips is 2014-03-02 PZ
    360 IS - 70/83
    360 TS - 48/83 (Screenshot shows its beta)

Pack 104
    IS - 95/104
    TS - 75/104

8. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

This has me worried as well :(

I did the scan of the 83 pack with 360 IS and another thing that I didnt note on MalwareTips is that after the right click scan 360IS offered for me to start a
    Macro Virus Scan.

I wonder if this feature is in 360 TS.

I also wonder if 360IS english version is going to stick with BD engine or switch to avira as well o_O

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

If 360 Total Security is the ENglish Equivalent of 360SafeGuard dosent it make sense for TS to have a lower detection rate since SafeGuard is just an Anti-Trojan? I don't see IS being replaced by TS but then again maybe im wrong

10. khanyash

SafeGuard is not just an antitrojan but the same Internet Security + System Optimization.
    http://corp.360.cn/ps/coresecuritylayer.html#3sg

11. Amin

Amin Registered Member

me too mate.. :(

It just doesn't make sense, TS should always do better than IS version. I guess, however, Avira engine is not that bad afaik :doubt:

but definitely BD Engine was & is better. Don't they really know about this fact? :rolleyes:

Amin

12. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Well this AV is really winning my trust and comfort for 1 month now.Really Like it!! No reason to to change AV for now :cool:

13. Amin

Amin Registered Member

at the moment yes.. me too.

but we're not sure about the future.. you're ok with switching to Avira engine ? :rolleyes:

Amin

14. bidd

bidd Guest

There is nothing wrong with switching to Avira if they went that way, Avira's daily detection rates are higher than Bitdefenders lately anyway http://threatcenter.crdf.fr/?Stats

Aside from that isn't Total Security only for the Chinese market which has always used Avira.

15. Amin

Amin Registered Member

well, I didn't say there is anything wrong with Avira of course. It is almost ok.
    but I believe bitdefender's db is kinda more precise and not prone to FAs.

however, the website you mentioned doesn't seem to be valid. The site doesn't provide any info about the FAs ;) results are different from those from MRG Effitas and AV-C and etc.

I suggest you take a look at this mate.

www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=337029&page=2

Amin :)

16. bidd

bidd Guest

The site is very valid and if you had of read the information thoroughly you would see the results are gathered directly from Virustotal's daily detection results which are updated at 2am everyday, it's a very good indication of who is detecting the most on any given day in the real world:)

17. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The English language version is being released soon.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  18. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

you know you have uninstall avast if you want 360 Internet Security because you can't have two Internet security software running at the same time and cause a war between each other in turn your pc may get hurt in that war

19. Amin

Amin Registered Member

mate, that's what I was talking about (the bold part). that site is based only and only on detection rate (which we still can't trust that too); But it doesn't mention the False alarm rate. :)

and..aahh... yes a high detection rate is not a big deal when you have no idea if those detection rates are actually false positives. Yet you hear sayings about if top dog companies like AV-C - VB100 - MRG can be trusted, let alone those which their identity & quiddity isn't quite uncovered yet. So Don't trust whatever you see or hear on the net immediately ;)

Regards,
    Amin :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  20. bidd

bidd Guest

Amin there are no false positive results because the tests are performed on real threats, all the information is available on the website.

21. spywar

spywar Registered Member

stop looking at these tests... :rolleyes:

22. spywar

spywar Registered Member

I had access to their samples not that long ago, this is a useless test and I won't argue to tell you why, it's definitely not a valid test. Many clean files, FP, many PUPs deteced by the same engines....USELESS I said hope you know i mean

23. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Guys just let it go.. Let's stick with the thread topic. :)

still no news on 360 TS..

24. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

For any that use the new Comodo Firewall 7 with Qihoo360: please immediately uncheck "Enable Website Filtering" (found in advanced settings). Having this enabled interferes with the Cloud ability of Qihoo and greatly reduces detection.

For detailed discovery of this issue please refer to today's malware pack (99 samples) on the Virus Exchange over at MT.

25. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Some news about the new coming total security and when its going to be release?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.