360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Kajos

Kajos Registered Member

i have a problem with sandbox!
    when i'm trying to run any program inside sandbox it says 'you must be logged in as adminstrator'
    i'm already the adminstrator :D

2. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Well for just a real-time situation sake.

I got my friends USB stick and look what happened. So just like avast! even 360 does extremely well with real world infections.

Of course I have got heavily infected sticks to get mobbed with avast but 360 indeed is a gem as I have also tested it with some heavily infected sticks and it came out with a flier!! :D

Also I wonder how dumb people can be to execute photo.exe and movies.exe or new.scr thinking it is a photo or movie as these threats required the user to execute them and there was no autorun involved.

Attached Files:

3. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I have tried all the free programs out there and this one is the best. Rock-solid protection.

4. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Actually I ran a test of it yesterday in VM and even with maximum setting and all engines on, 360is did protect the pc when I used its sandbox to sandbox the browser and ran the malwares inside the sandbox. after emptying the sandbox nothing made pass it.

On the other hand I ran the same tst without using the sandboxed browser and normally and 360 internet security blocked the malwares but failed in stopping PUP and adwares and the pc was heavily infected unwanted apps and adwares or spywares.

So I think 360 internet security is only good if you use the full sandbox feature of it and run the browser and everything unknown in sandbox.

5. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Qihoo will not protect against the installation of PUP's or adware if it doesn't have a definition for the parent. As mentioned, the Qihoo sandbox will contain such things. But as it is a manual sandbox the protection provided is directly proportional to user awareness. This is frequently not a good thing. A better idea (as most here know) is to pair Qihoo with Comodo Firewall and let the Comodo automatic sandbox make the decisions.

People should work and computers should think.

6. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

I got another infected stick today and guess what...360 was right on the money.

and it detected the dreaded hard to detect infected autorun.inf file just like avast does everytime.

So far,I am sold!! :D

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I can't download this from Download.com I click the direct download button but nothing happens after it takes me to a page.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Download it from the 360 webpage http://www.360safe.com/internet-security.html

9. rock_man

rock_man Registered Member

10. cheater87

Dang nothing even from that. :( This is annoying and weird.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. -int.down.360safe.com/360is/360is_4.9.0.4900.exe- file size: 236 MB.

12. taleblou

Here is my test. I set 360 to the max setting and chekced all engines.

Top pic of clean before infection with 360 IS fully working
    The bottom pic is after infection with 360 IS fully working

Attached Files:

13. taleblou

Here are the settings of the 360 IS I sued for the test. I set it to the maximum.

Attached Files:

14. taleblou

Also I tested a bunch of the free antivirus solutions to see which passed and which failed in protecting the pc from a bunch of malwares.

result:

360 IS: FAIL
    Comodo IS: PASS
    Baindu AV: FAIL
    MSE: FAIL
    Ad-aware free: FAIL
    Bitdefender av free: FAIL
    AVAST: FAIL
    AVG: FAIL
    AVIRA: FAIL
    Forticlient: FAIL
    Panda cloud free: FAIL

As always comodo rocks in protection.

15. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I have also tested all of these products and have to agree that Comodo offers the best protection.
    :thumb:

16. ccddeee

ccddeee Registered Member

360 IS is very good at detecting stick virus because it has Bitdefender engine and most of all,it will regard executive files from removeable disks (Specially named as autorun.exe,setup.exe)as threats called QVM.06 when the exe is not in the white list on their cloud.If you are a programmer then you'll find out it's disgusting

17. cheater87

I went there in both Dragon and Firefox and still no DL.

18. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Did you test Online Armor free? It seems to have decent HIPS.

19. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

If you know what you are doing, UAC is just as powerful as Comodo. You don't even need another layer. But, again, if you know what you are doing, Online Armor or Privatefirewall (my choice) are either a fine addition to your arsenal.

Comodo offers the best protection, but it may or may not be convenient (referring to the auto-sandboxing feature). For example, some program is performing a specific task, for which it calls up another program to run; this second program comes up and is sandboxed; because of this it cannot function properly and the parent program fails. This kind of thing can happen a lot depending on the programs you have installed or how you set up CIS. If you know your way around your programs, you might find it more convenient to find an alert in your PC (I use PF with auto-response disabled), saying "videoconverter.exe wants to run" (PF captures the open command and gives you the choice), than finding out that video you left converting didn't come out at all because the software failed (Comodo auto-sandboxed, for example, the encoder, and so it failed to communicate with the necessary system resources). Conversely, if you find a warning from PF saying "nasty.exe wants to run", you can just block it. Also, make note that PF can pass the Comodo Leak Test 100%, should you really want to run any nasty (although this is not recommended).

I believe not only Comodo, but Online Armor and Privatefirewall as well are good options to couple with 360 – or any other antivirus for that matter (apart from any known compatibility issues, none that I can remember here). As I said, there's enough power to stop malware in UAC itself. Your choice to stick with it or to pick from other options depends on a lot of details such as personal preference, user knowledge level, how the PC is used, etc.

20. fenson

fenson Registered Member

For Taleblou...Just curious,when you tested Comodo IS,was that with the Comodo firewall also?If yes,i wonder how Comodo AV(without their firewall) would do.

21. rock_man

rock_man Registered Member

Re: Comodo Leak Test - To even run it, you need to confirm the UAC prompt. This is ridiculous. CLT is worthless in this context, IMHO.

22. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I was referring to Privatefirewall, not UAC. If you ask PF to run CLT in Limited mode in the first prompt, and block all other actions CLT attempts, you get a 100% pass.

23. taleblou

Latest Comodo internet security free I test it with proactive defense and maximized protection as I did with all of them.

24. taleblou

Too bad my testing day has finished for now since the vm crashed my linux mint 16 and linux failed to boot-up. SO had to use win 8.1 image to restore. Damn oracle virtual box for linux, screwed my machine.

25. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Have you talk to 360 support about this?

Id send them an email so this can get fixed. if indeed there are issues. Right now version 5 is in beta and this would be a good time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.