360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

I honestly was not trying to stir anything up in regards to the question I had. I just assumed that adults could talk about issues like this, without any screaming
    or xenophobic rants. I think it's a valid subject for calm, cool discussion. Since the majority of the followers of this thread are Mensa members, I knew in advance intelligent conversation was likely. ;) Now if this were the Baidu thread, the conversation would consist mainly of monosyllabic grunts and groans, followed by much head scratching with heads cocked to the side. I'm kidding just in case anyone took me seriously. Please don't close this thread! I'll be good. I can be good. Anyway, if this kind of subject is taboo then I will be more careful in the future. Oh, before I forget. Brandonn2010 I have bookmarked your site. It looks great and is very informative. Thanks!

2. ibracadabra09

ibracadabra09 Registered Member

There is no difference between companies from China and from United States. Companies from United States are even worse for privacy. But let's be real, there is no privacy on internet today.

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Just because they have a communist government doesnt make their software any worse. US spying I think is worse. So yeah I agree with you.

4. happysurf

happysurf Registered Member

With the last version 4.9.0 we have a new guy in task manager, the process QHActiveDefense.exe peraphs related to new IE anti-phishing.
    I don't use IE for that will be good have the ability to disable this function.

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

this AV has really grown on me. I like the black theme.

why isn't the other Cloud engine check for realtime ?

6. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Their site is changed. I can't say which I like more.

7. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

The new site looks really modern and professional.
    They've updated their 360 AV Chinese site too, and their Chinese 360 program as well.
    http://sd.360.cn/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  8. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Screw It, I'm sold. I've had this AV installed and running for 15 days now (I know because of the nifty little counter lol) and im nowhere near getting rid of it (new record!) and it keeps impressing me more and more so its staying :D

9. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Maybe i should try it because WSA is slowing me down so much i turn it off after boot. I just go with AppGuard and Chrome Malware and Phishing checked on for now along with some other stuff.

10. stephentony

Now this is pretty cool I have to say. Holy antimalware Batman is that five engines in version 5.0.1 and is one of them Avira?

http://p7.qhimg.com/d/inn/8d3e8738/product.png

I am not bailing on WSA but I'm thinking it's at least worth installing 360 to sit along side it. I normally would not do that even though WSA should run with just about anything. I have this on one of my laptops and I love it. Seeing this on the Qihoo website gives me hope that version 5 is coming our way. Especially since Qihoo has new versions rolling out all the time instead of once a year. The Bitdefender engine alongside Avira? I better sit down because I'm getting lightheaded.

11. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes they have a 5 engine chinese version :( For some reason they removed the avira engine in the english version. If we had it, it would be a killer program wouldn't it? :)

12. stephentony

Yes it would! I just installed the Chinese version which is 5.0.1 and it is unbelievable. I cannot fathom how this is as feather light as it is. KelvinW4, do you have any idea how it's possible to incorporate both Bitdefender and Avira without everything coming to a grinding halt? I am not exaggerating when I say that on my machine this feels as light on system resources as WSA. My boot time was actually 3 seconds faster with the Chinese version of Qihoo than it was with just WSA installed. It was easy to install because its virtually the same as the English version. This really is amazing. The only downside and it's not a big deal really is that it took 12 minutes to download the signature update. Considering it has 5 engines it's understandable. I will test this over the next few days to see what happens. I usually do not get this excited over an antivirus product but my, my, my this is something. I will keep you updated.

13. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Probably license issues for Europe and USA.

14. usernamefefgfdgfdg

usernamefefgfdgfdg Registered Member

A quick question...

I installed 360 Internet Security on my Windows 8.1 machine and noticed that other users on this machine has to enter the admin password för the 360 software everytime the log in, anyone know why this occurs?

Regards

15. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

That's possible, although some of the reps posted here before and said they decided not to include the Avira engine because it wasn't necessary.

This is purely speculative, but I guess it's possible that, while having both the Avira and BD engine might be more effective when dealing with Chinese malware, there is much more overlap when it comes to Western/International malware, so they thought it was better to just keep the BD engine and focus on detecting the missed samples with the in-house engine.

That being said, has anyone compared the Chinese and English versions? Maybe stephentony could try doing that, just to see what the difference is.

16. tgell

tgell Registered Member

They still haven't figured out how to make it work across LUA's. I can't use it on XP because I fast user switch between an admin account and a LUA. It gets wonky, especially when I first log in on the LUA.

17. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

On my Win-7 SUA 360 IS always requests Admin confirmation after reboot. It's rather inconvenient.

18. MADx

MADx Registered Member

Works great with Comodo Firewall (per "Tech Support Alert" settings). Doesn't interfere with my gaming, and it's light on the system. So far I'm liking 360is, keep up the good fight.

19. donaldkks

donaldkks Registered Member

The Chinese Version and this is difference. Although there is 5 scanning engines, but it don't have HIPS like download something it show warning or what.

I wonder why and should I continue to use the Chinese Version or switch?
    I am thinking of using BD Free, but which one is better I don't know.

I am currently using Tencent PC Manager, and it has 4 scanning engines, 1 system recover engine and no bd engine...

20. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Here too. Although the problem is intermittent. I'm thinking of uninstalling it because of that and going back to Baidu.

21. stephentony

AVusah, there is nothing I would like better than to do a guide that breaks down the differences between the Chinese and English versions. Unfortunately for me I have to check into the hospital Wednesday and then go under the proverbial knife on Thursday morning. I will be out of commission for quite a while, so at least for now, I won't have the time to do that comparison proper justice. The answer is "Knee Replacement Surgery" for those of you playing at home. This is what happens when you play football (American Football) in high school and college and have numerous collisions absorbed by the knee. Not to mention multiple concussions which I worry about now with all the new data available. We didn't know any of this would be an issue back then but here it is now. I don't think I will encourage my son to play, especially since he's a really good baseball player. Anyway, did not mean to go off topic but I respect so many people who contribute to this forum that I wanted to do a proper comparison guide with instructions and snapshots of the Chinese version. That way in addition to the comparison of the two versions, the guide would show how to configure the Chinese version without being able to read Chinese. Step by step with corresponding pics. I'm not sure if I can do a proper comparison without a Chinese to English translation but I would give it my best.

If no other members have installed the Chinese version, aside from myself, when I am up and around, I would love to try putting together a proper comparison guide for the other members who are interested in running the Chinese version. I'm not sure how soon I'll be doing this comparison with three days in the hospital and then extensive rehab.

I can tell you that with five engines, Bitdefender and Avira being the two most of us are familiar with, the Chinese version is surprisingly light on system resources. This is coming from someone who cannot tolerate slow boot times, as well as system resources getting bogged down when surfing the Internet, or running multiple apps, or just copying files. I've actually considered not running any AV's in real time. Just a couple of good free AV's for once a week scanning and then MBAM and Hitman Pro scans also once a week. Throw in Shadow Defender and Appguard and I believe you can expect pretty good protection if you aren't surfing the part of town where the buses don't run. The Chinese language version has made the case to me that it is possible to have an AV, with multiple engines, without your PC coming to a screeching halt. The 360 English version only has three engines, (I can't believe I just said "only three" engines"), but it does not seem to sacrifice much, if any protection.

Anyway, off I go to get my bionic knee. Of course I ordered the Steve Austin commemorative edition which is endorsed by the "Office of Scientific Intelligence". I cannot wait to take it for a spin! See you guys real soon and wish me luck.

22. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

For any that are familiar with either Portuguese or Spanish should check out PSafe AV from Brazil. A Qihoo clone and quite good.

23. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Actually, I think PSafe is closer to Bitdefender Free than it is to Qihoo. Qihoo is highly customizable, whereas PSafe offers an install-and-forget solution like BD free. Qihoo's new version 5 beta is multilingual and speaks Portuguese too.

24. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Good Luck Stephentony. May the surgeons be skilled, the nurses good looking and the pain meds flow freely.

25. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Good luck with the knee surgery...anxious to hear more about 360 when you get back!:thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.