360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I'd say use Sandboxie, it's known to work and it's light too. Time will say if Qihu is as good.

I use Win7 64 on a 2GB machine with no major problems. But if you won't add more memory later and want to have more free memory, go 32.

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

If your total memory (RAM + Graph card memory) is not larger than 4GB and you won't add RAM then it's better to use 32-bit Windows 7. It's more safe and stable.

btw with 32 bit you can install DefenceWall :D

3. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

I dont think that will be incorporated with any malware because its script kiddy stuff and the focus of today;s malware has shifted from damage to money and theft.So,no malware writer will ever even see it nor really distributed in real time.

Anyway,looking forward your tests on avast v9 FINAL where all new goodies will be up.Btw,I use restricted sandboxing level here on CIS,does that block it?:thumb:

4. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

TI- CIS was good against it at any sandbox setting other than Full V and the default Partially Limited. so Restricted is good.

As far as incorporation of the malware into other files, I had a few minutes so I Backdoored it with a trusted installer. It then becomes undetectable by any application that solely relies on definitions/Cloud.

Although this particular sample is a simple Password Changer, the same could be done just as easily with Ransomware scripts which would generate money for the coder.

Taleblou- You absolutely want 32 bit with your setup. And stay with Sandboxie; Q's sandbox is currently not close to the utility of SB.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  5. avman1995

Well you did it...btw,even malware writers can create a script like this for themselves even in the ages of win98 so now the question arises why wasnt it done yet?

The reason they didnt do it because their focus is more on earning money and try harvest more bots and destroying user accounts wont help make their bots.

As I said,just because we geeks do it,doesnt mean its gonna happen and it will not happen 99.99%

So my orginal equation:
    >no own experience >using script skidies >2013

P.S. no own experience doesnt apply to most of the geeks and wilders population including you cruelsister.

6. cruelsister

This is actually done all the time. Backdooring the DarkComet RAT was all the rage last year, and apparently lucrative (I totally agree with your money comment).

7. avman1995

DarkComet is genuine piece of malware not script stuff,cant compare.Guess,will have to ask malware writers :D

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sucks that it did that but password and user are easy enough to fix. i am however surprised that it got past these av's. what else do you have to test with? i have just about every av paid and free it you have a sample i run it through my ringer and see who detects it this is one i have yet to see or find anywhere

9. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Well sandboxie is not good for me. It has slowness and issues with browsers like iE10 and firefox and what gets me is that trustyeer rapport and k9 web security and mcaffee site advisor does not work well in it. Overall its not an esy going one. On the other hand comodo sandboxed browsers worked great without issues but comodo firewall cna be noisy. SO if 360IS styoips ant internet threats and junks like sandboxie or comodo sandbox then it is good for me. Thats why I wnated to know if anyone tested it to see if it is so?

10. taleblou

Thanks for suggestion but do you know if new sandboxie is browser friendly and allows add-ons like trusteer rapport and k9 web security? Also no crashing or freezing and issues that it used to have?

I gave up on sandboxie after facing many issues.

Also thanks I will use 32bit win 7 then.

Also if sandboxie has fixed the issues then maybe i use sandboxie along with online armor free and 360IS with toolwiz timefreeze as backup? what you guys think?

11. taleblou

Thanks for th advice. I also had issues withy defensewall with my fmaily pc in the Past.

12. cruelsister

Z- having Windows password changed may be easy enough for most here to fix, but the same can be said about Ransomware (actually Rware is easier to resolve). For one you get presented with a logon screen that you don't have the password for, the other some Police Warning screen that can't be cleared. To the non-tech savy either is pretty much a disaster.

13. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

This would be a great topic for you and other malware experts to help illuminate for those of us with much less savvy in this arena. (In another thread, of course.) I know I'd be very interested and appreciative. :thumb:

14. anon

anon Registered Member

15. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

No more anti-keylogger? (Or was that only on 32 bit?)

16. cruelsister

My test system is Win7 32 bit. The keylogger option is still there and works.

Also am not getting the issue that maymoon seems to have.

17. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I remember/hear that it was not available in x64

18. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The new version is still not being delivered via live update.

Not a big deal for me - if I really wanted the new version I'd download it manually, but I'll wait.

19. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

It seems that the computer and internet protection are all on,but the status in UI is off.

So...what's so interesting about that?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  20. avman1995

Any idea if they fixed the late file protection startup bug?

21. anon

anon Registered Member

The self explanatory => Announcement of the new version 4.3.0.4200.

22. guest

guest Guest

still same on my vm

23. avman1995

Ahh! I dont even bother much about this,considering the way the program works...I may try 360 IS again sometime :D

24. taleblou

Hi:

I have tried 360is sandboxed browsers with maxthon, firefox and IE10 and it seems these browsers gave error and crash if ran with 360is sandbox.

So the 360is sandboxing of the browser is not compatible. Comodo sandboxed browsers is by far the best of all sandboxes incl. sandboxie as it is the most compatible and issue free I noticed.

So am using comodo sandboxed browsers to browse with no ill-effect.

25. jackuars

jackuars Registered Member

I'm unhappy with just one aspect of Quihoo, it's daily updates takes such a long time than other AV's and too many files are being downloaded.

What do you think guys?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.