360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I have run them side-by-side. Even more antiviruses together, many combinations are possible. It's generally ok as long you have no real-time shield overlapping.

2. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

You are right rompian riader :D

I actually have found myself to feel secure with this program just like when I use avast :D

3. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Qihoo, which is publicly traded, announced 2nd Quarter financial results a few minutes ago. Although I understand that Wilders is not an investment website, it is important to consider that the better a company is doing financially, the more money and effort will be plowed back into their Flagship product.

Qihoo uses Q360 as a springboard to get more users to their Search site as well as to utilize their browser. This in turn gains them Ad revenue. And revenue seems to be good as they just blew past earnings forecasts pushing the stock up another 10%. From the release:

Total monthly active users of Qihoo 360's PC-based products and services reached a record 461 mln in June 2013, compared to 425 mln in June 2012.
    User penetration of Qihoo 360's PC-based products was 96% in June 2013, compared to 94% in June 2012.

Total smartphone users of Qihoo 360's primary mobile security product reached ~338 mln in June 2013, compared to 120 mln in June 2012.
    Monthly active users of Qihoo 360's browsers were 330 mln in June 2013, compared to 272 mln in June 2012.

User penetration of Qihoo 360's browsers was 69% in June 2013, compared with 61% in June 2012.

Average daily unique visitors to the 360 Personalized Start-up Page and its sub-pages were 114 mln in the second quarter of 2013, compared to 83 mln in the second quarter of 2012.

Average daily clicks on the 360 Personalized Start-up Page and its sub-pages were ~590 mln in the second quarter of 2013, compared to 368 mln in the second quarter of 2012.

4. Jaspion

Tx for the info! Qihu 360 IS is indeed impressive. And with the flimsiness of the accusations, the ill conduct seems to be on the side of the accuser. Thanks lovpsm too for the info you brought up.

5. avman1995

This program is the "nuts"

I REALLY REALLY ULTRA-LOVE THIS SOFTWARE! :D :cool: :-*

I mean the QVM2 and 360 Cloud is so damn powerful...its mind-blowing in the way they make a so strong detection rate program!!! Proactive Defense gives a flip and makes it more better!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  6. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

Thinking of giving 360 a try when the time is right.

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

So how do you really feel?:D

8. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I have to say as far as the software goes; it seems pretty effective, light, and simple. However, unless I'm misreading or just plain missing something, the privacy policy seems alarming.

http://www.360safe.com/privacy.html

Are they stating that they do indeed collect the personal data listed above?

9. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

No, you aren't misreading anything. What you posted is their definition of what constitutes Personal Information (I severely doubt that they have your Bank Account number, Credit Card Statements, etc. For the record they will also not kidnap your children- if any). Their Policy as a whole is actually pretty standard.

For instance, contrast these 2 statements:

"To the extent required or permitted by the applicable law, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals that are not affiliated with Qihoo 360 if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
    •Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including a subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
    •Enforce applicable Terms of Service and/or End User License, including investigation of potential violations;
    •Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
    •As may be required for purposes of national security; or
    •Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or exposure to legal liability, where Qihoo 360 believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate.

If Qihoo 360 is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and give users affected by such merger, acquisition or asset sale notice before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different Privacy Policy"

with this one from Google:

"We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:

◦meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
    ◦enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
    ◦detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
    ◦protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
    We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.

If Google is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and give affected users notice before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different privacy policy"

Get the drift?

ps- I see that you live in the USA. I would personally be more concerned with PRISM than Qihoo.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I see your point. It seemed pretty standard for the most part, but the way it is stated sounds contrary to this. I can't argue your statement regarding american online privacy either because we apparently have little to none.

11. avman1995

I feel just like I feel a great prevention AV like Kaspersky,Avast,COMODO etc.360 IS is very good at its work and needs a big :thumb:

I am planning to stay away from 360 IS and try Fortinet and Avira by today or in next few days but I will surely be back if avast takes a while longer to get their new stuff up.

Because my AV of choice are currently: Avast v9,Qihoo

12. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

August 27, 2013
    Version 4.3.0

Virus Database Included: Aug 27, 2013

Supported Systems: Windows XP 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8

What's new:
    • Added Sandbox. Programs running in sandbox are isolated from the system to improve security.
    • Added Trace cleaner. It will clear traces left by web browsing, documents and playing media.
    • Added Anti-spyware to Windows Action Center.
    • Other bug fixes.

http://360safe.com/update_pc.html

13. Jaspion

Thanks. Updated here. Looking good.

14. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The more i see of this software the more im starting to like.Im itching to give this a try.:D

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Wonder if this sandbox negates the need to run Comodo FW along side.

16. Jaspion

I expect cruelsister to have something to say about this in the near future. She and others will surely test this (me too if I get the chance) and then we'll be able to decide.

17. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

how's the sandbox against malware?
    can you autosandbox?
    can you reset manually/automatically?

18. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

19. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Noticed a small but awesome tweak: You can now scroll in the Product Update Log, so you don't have to resize the Window or columns every time.

20. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Well, the new version of 360 IS is scanning within Sandboxie's folder (C:/Sandbox), which is good, but it's real slow in discovering things (eicar in this case). I'm talking 2 to 3 seconds. It's just as slow within its own sandbox. The new sandbox feature reminds me a great deal of Comodo's way of handling virtualization. Its sandox is also hidden at the protected operating systems files/folders level so it was a little bit hard to find at first.

It does seem to be a step forward for 360 IS. I'll give them credit for that.

Later...

21. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

How well does 360 perform with the default settings?

22. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Initially it seems slower; making browsers slower to open and browse. I'm currently doing a full scan to see if that will lessen the impact 360 now has on my system.

23. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Bit Defender claims its Products detect spyware.

24. Circe

Circe Registered Member

I'm Running the latest version of 360 Internet security 2013 w/ Outpost Firewall Pro, no problems so far.

25. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

360 running with comodo firewall and sandboxie. If I have anymore sandboxes I'm going to need a crane to get out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.