360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

I have send their support some Questions

1. Can you add or make a Forum on your Homepage

2. Can you add the Engines to virustotal.com please

3. Can you add a uploud and a submit formular for the samples to check and analyze it on your Homepage please

4. Can you add a Changelog for Internet Security and for your Mobile Security on your Homepage see the Link as example

http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/about.php

5. Any infos for a new GUI

And here ar the Answers for it

Glad to receive your helpful feedback, thank you so much.

The new feature you mentioned(1,2,3,5) are all in our developing plan. We will improve our products gradually.
    And also, you may check the version info for the our products on our homepage such as: http://360safe.com/update_pc.html

We earnestly hope that you will give us your valuable criticisms and suggestions.
    Best Regards.

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Qihoo or Qihu?

Attached Files:

• Qihu.PNG
      Qihu.PNG
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
  3. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Qihoo is Co-sponsoring a pretty large Security dog and pony show in Beijing next month. From the PR Newswire:

BEIJING, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the completion of DEFCON, one of the world's largest annual hacking conventions, top information security professionals are anxiously preparing for the next major Internet security event, SyScan360, which will be held in Beijing on September 24, 2013.

The Symposium on Security for Asia Network, or SyScan, is one of the best known Internet security conferences in Asia and has held over 20 successful events since 2004. The goal of SyScan is not to promote any single brand or product, but to provide a forum through which the world's top hacking and cyber-security talent can come together to share knowledge and information. Events focus on the latest information on security and technology, which has helped make SyScan conferences some of the most recognized events in the cyber-security industry, with a dedicated following among leaders in the worldwide hacking community.

In October 2012, SyScan, in conjunction with leading Internet security company Qihoo 360, held the first SyScan360 conference in Beijing, which achieved great success and attracted significant worldwide attention.

In the time since the first SyScan360 event, and with the rapid growth of mobile Internet technology, the application of massive data and the effect of the PRISM scandal, information security has gained unprecedented attention on the global stage. In light of these and other recent events, system security on mobile devices is expected to be a key topic at the upcoming 2013 SyScan360 conference. Stefan Esser (i0n1c), a German hacker known as the "iOS jail breaker", as well as Asian security professionals pLL and Hao Xu, will share their unique insights on cutting-edge technologies for iOS and Android platforms. Mr. Esser's presentation is attracting particular attention, as he has chosen SyScan360 as the venue to make his return after a brief retirement, taking the stage for the first time in two years, just one week before the highly anticipated launch of Apple's iOS7.

Additionally, freelance security researcher Jonathan Brossard, creator of the powerful Rakshasa hardware backdoor, will be at the conference to introduce his new concept based on the Katsuni Theorem and its applications to sandboxing and software emulation.

Other confirmed presenters include Jason Shirk, one of Microsoft's top privacy and security executives; Dr. Bradley Schatz from Queensland University of Technology; Wayne Yan, an independent security researcher; Paul Craig, an expert in Asian information security; Pedro Vilaca and Nguyen Anh Quynh, two senior security researchers of COSEINC; Yu Wang, a security engineer from Qihoo 360; Instruder, an experienced security researcher in APT, and other renowned global security experts.

The goal of SyScan360 is to build a broad communication platform where the best security experts in a variety of segments can come together and share their research, discoveries and experience with security enthusiasts in Asia and throughout the world. To date, eleven advanced technology topics have been announced for the upcoming SyScan360 2013, with more on the way. Attendance at this year's event is expected to be in the thousands.

http://syscan360.org/html/2013/en/index.html

ps to pajenn- either Qihoo or Qihu are just phonetic representations of the Chinese name. But Qihoo is how the stock is named on New York exchange, and QIHU is the ticker symbol.

4. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Either, both, optional.

5. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Guys! Lets stop debating on this stupid privacy issues without any valid proof,the thing is the product is excellent at its job and that;s what matters the most for me :D

I am still running this on one of my test machines and it is really good! I love it! :-*

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Couldn't agree more. This privacy issue thing is been beat to death in this thread and frankly everyone gets it and have their own choices free to make.

Time and replies IMHO are better spent focusing on the ins and outs, features and suggestions, and errors or mechanical issues in helping users of Qihoo 360 better and helping Qihoo 360 make this awesome Triple AV/ProActive masterpiece even better!

EASTER

7. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

This AV ran really nicely on my system. My only issues with it, as Trespasser reported earlier in this thread, being that it does not appear to function properly when my browser is run under the supervision of Sandboxie. (Neither internet / URL protection nor download protection operate as intended.)

Since I already have arguably stronger HIPS and keylogger protection with OA and my "downloads folder" is protected by Sandboxie (and all downloaded files are scanned before and after the download), I felt that there was a certain amount of wasted resources and potential for conflict and thus removed it.

Had these issues not been present it would be hard to overlook this app, other controversies notwithstanding.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  8. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Have you contacted the developers about the issue?

9. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

No, I haven't for a variety of reasons both practical and privacy related.
    I'm sure that they will obtain the relevant information from other members who are better equipped to assist them with troubleshooting and beta testing (especially those with test or virtual machines set aside for such).

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Blue,
    As you know, I'm using it with sandboxie too. It's still very useful for detecting malware that might slip by or added via external source. It's very light for how powerful it is.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I agree with you, brother. It's just that I'd rather find a better fit if I decide to opt for a real-time AV solution.as opposed to one that is mostly standing by to pick up the crumbs that slip through the cracks.

(And I'm not ruling out a return. I did save an image before uninstalling.)

That said, I feel pretty safe with the current setup (especially if I invoke Shadow Defender on top of the current real-time apps in my sig).

And honestly, I'm less worried about malware slipping through the cracks and taking over my system than I am preventing (logging/data intrusion) issues when surfing and doing financial transactions online...and since 360 is not working within Sandboxie in that capacity, it rules it out at the current time.

12. cruelsister

Solution is easy, guys. Run Q with Comodo Firewall (CF's HIPS off and auto-sandbox to Full V).

13. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Blues 7...also check out Hitman Pro's Alert 2...specifically provided for man in the middle...and banking...although I believe it has protection built into my Wsa Security Plus. Anyhow go too Surfright's website and further info is provided. Oh I forgot to state it's a freebie. Sincerely...Securon

14. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

I just may try that Hitman Pro. Thought ya had to pay for it.

15. jackuars

jackuars Registered Member

I'm using this antivirus now, and should say I'm definitely impressed. :D

16. avman1995

I was just looking around 360 website and I noticed something different.

360is_4.1.0.4031K.exe is now what they give..what are the changes in this version? :D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I think it is only new database that is included...

18. avman1995

Well, v4.1 is what it says must be something!? :D

19. avman1995

OK since COMODO is gone out of the competition for me because of their unreliable Cloud which goes up and down and doesnt stay stable and just because the fact I want to give avast time while they get their new stuff running.I might just come back to 360 IS soon. :cool:

20. cruelsister

Siketa is correct. They started providing current databases with the application installer a few weeks ago- thus the current download size of ~175MB vs the application only size of ~17MB.

21. siketa

siketa Registered Member

AFAIK, they update installer every week with the latest database and change alphabet letter in installer file name.

22. avman1995

I am back :cool:

23. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Waiting on Avast? Me too....:D

24. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

Speaking of Avast, has or is anyone running 360 along side Avast Free?

25. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

two antivirus programso_O?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.