360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes it does, but it can set configured either to take action automatically, or prompt for user action.

Each to their own - but personally I refuse to use any antivirus which makes decisions without asking me first.

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Although the general topic has been started here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=351699&highlight=360+Mobile+Security

Note that Qihoo has begun a Media Blitz touting that 360 Mobile "has received AV-Test certification, obtaining a 100% malware detection rate and 0% false positive rate during the certification process".

I bring this up only because the version tested is in English and Qihoo is seriously pushing the PR to the limit in the States. Please glance at the Google results for this topic's search (noting the diversity of Media outlets piling on):

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=ce3735f7ca5d10ca&q=mobile+AV-Test+certification

It is evident that Q is determined to make a name for itself as a security vendor outside China. So for those that are worried about Q360 becoming abandonware, rest easy.

ps- Qihoo's stock (QIHU on NASDAQ) up another 10% since last Monday. Current market cap 8.2 billion USD.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Thanks for the reassuring info, Cruelsister!

4. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I think if this product ever became abandonware i would cry :D

5. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

I seem to recall someone posting a new version/update is due this month.
    Anyone heard anything on this yet o_O

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

What about the HIPS, is it really advanced and can you configure it yourself?

Btw, I´m really jealous of you guys, I really wish I was into security suites, but I´m only interested in HIPS. :)

7. Antimalware18

The hips isnt to.customizable sadly. The only thing you can really change is protected areas. I do wish they would add the to kill/quarantine the offending file/process in upcoming versions instead of just asking you to alliw or block.

8. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Then stick with Comodo or Online Armor or Private Firewall. HIPS in Qihu is a 210/340 on the Comodo Leak Test (if I remember correctly, this info is earlier in this thread).

9. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

I may try this AV when they release the next version.

10. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Rasheed- Easy solution- my preferred configuration is Q360 with Proactive off paired with Comodo Firewall with AutoSandbox at Full V. Although I consider Q a very fine product, it does obviously lack a Firewall with would now be provided by Comodo

The malware defs of Qihoo and Comodo overlap, so one gets an increased level of detection (as Comodo Cloud kicks in on file run). For those few cases of malware that is not immediately picked up Comodo will throw into the sandbox, rendering them harmless.

11. coffeetime

coffeetime Registered Member

oops nm

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yes indeed.

Looking forward to the new update on this end too but i equally agree many would find it more helpful if we, the end user could designate and apply our own particular rules something EQSysecure HIPS offered (China made i should add) which virtually allowed nearly 100% security coverage on almost every internal.system interaction going on in the machine.

With such freedom to personally configure the HIPS to the end user's satisfaction, it effectively set's up double and triple points of ALERTS in the event some cleverly written malware would bypass one or two routine protection points.

13. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I'm just waiting to see them implement the sandbox that is in the chinese version. I might give it a try in VM and see what difference there is.

14. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

I checked out their site and it shows they released the new version. August 7th

15. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

I've been a lurker in this thread for a couple weeks now, learning all I can about 360. And, I know that Wilder's is not the place for necessarily comparing AV programs. But, I am wondering why some of you choose this product/software over the likes of other freeware programs, such as Avast, Avira, or Bitdefender Free? (I am primarily interested in what you see as the advantages to 360 over Avast?)

16. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Well, for one thing is triple engines. :)

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi Alexhousek

For starters let's cut right to the chase up front that distances Qihoo 360 Security AV from those mentioned and even add if you like commercial AV's such as Symantec, Kaspersky, Eset, etc.
    Qihoo 360 employs a very formidable TRIPLE engine AV one of which is exclusively cloud enhanced. The other safeguard AV protection engines i reserve explaination to those user's here that are better informed in what makes them highly effective in the security services they provide for our windows machine.

I would like to bring attention again to Qihoo's 360 Proactive Defense that is integrated into it as well as super compatible with most if not all other security programs commonly found in user's windows configuration without introducing issues we all experienced from one time or another when expecting compatibility but are met with a decision to have to dump at least one of our favorites because of incompatibility.

I'll finish with Excellent detection rates as well as the lightest AV compared to any others including Bit Defender/Avast etc.

The Qihoo settings are not frustratingly buried in a sea of nonsense like it's competitors but very reachable, straightforward, and offer the end user a CHOICE to restore captures after quarantine, etc.

Others can very detail better then me all the welcome advantages of Qihoo not the least of which is all that superior security technology is incorporated without a fee or license.

18. Antimalware18

Ill cut to the chase

Bitdefender for free, no crutches (cept update differences)
    Amazing cloud engine
    Amazing cloud heuristics engine
    Amazing HIPS
    Download protection.
    Night and light.

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It is usually lighter then them. I say usually because antivirus software can perform differently on different computers. Plus you configure the protection to make it even lighter.

Also, you can configure it to prompt you what to do when a threat is found, rather than have it dealt with automatically. I stand to be corrected, but I think BD free still does not have this option.

20. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

+1 I agree!!! Though I am much excited for v9 for avast where changes and improvement will be much to say about :D

I just hope this product doesnt get abandoned by the developers because still I dont see a program update that was talked about firing up this month which I guess should have been fired up by now.Its a pity not many people know about this app.

That is the reason I dont use this product right now because I want to see if they want to continue further or not.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  21. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

let me guess - you will wait another 3 years, right ? :D

22. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

The facebook message about the new version was posted towards the end of July. It hasn't even been a month yet.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2257670&postcount=533

There will probably be a new version before Windows 8.1 is released, with 8.1 compatibility and possibly sandboxing.
    There's no reason to believe that they might stop development.

23. avman1995

Thanks for the info guys :D

Still no mood to try out any antivirus program right now,I have done too many installs and uninstalls with AV programs lately so probably will stop until something new comes out :)

I still think this product can take the place of comodo really ;)

#Massive Respect to developers!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  24. avman1995

OK having problems with downloading the installer!? I sometimes get server not found and sometimes I get the download but the speed goes nuts!! I tried some other downloads of other programs and they worked fine probably server issue as downforeveryoneorjustme.com confirms it :rolleyes:

25. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

I went through the Facebook comments again. It seems like there will be a new version in 2 weeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.