360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. luckyboy

luckyboy Registered Member

For me is more important ti know which version of Bitdefender is used.I've asked before, but still no answer!

2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Any distrust of Chinese software aside, I don't think I could recommend this AV due to the controversy surrounding the company.

http://www.fool.com/investing/inter...t-time-to-sell-this-chinese-tech-company.aspx

I know some say it's just their competitors trying to smear them, but IOBit said the same thing about Malwarebytes when that whole controversy erupted.

I don't think I've ever heard of similar practices by other AV companies.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree. I like this AV a lot, but I'm a bit concerned about using it.

4. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

That kind of a business ethic is not favorable, nor do i like it. But as long as they arent engaging in something like human slavery i would have no problem using it. Now onto my question again...the bitdefender updates, what arebthe update intervsls for its enging in this oroduct? Anyone? Lol

5. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

That's cool! ;)
    As far as I can see on the logs, it looks like once a day when set to automatic. I'm ok with that.

6. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

First, Qihoo's product may be good or rubbish... but gossip is always cheap.
    E.g. someone might just as easily say, "Any distrust of Chinese hardware aside, I don't think I could recommend Apple products due to the controversy surrounding the company.". ;)

Second, I am in no position to know or say whether any of the allegations made by the writer of this article are true. All I know is that "The Motley Fool" is a stockholder in Baidu (Qihoo's main domestic competitor) and recommends their products. Call me skeptical but on this basis I suspect that we're less likely to see them promoting an article criticizing Baidu rather than Qihoo, or any other Baidu competitor.

Third, hard to see much similarity between IOBit and Qihoo here. 'Qihu 360 IS' has BitDefender's name all over it. Are you suggesting that they're using BitDefender SDK without a license agreement?

7. rtransformation

rtransformation Registered Member

CIS is nothing to Qihoo engineer MJ0011:D :D :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  8. rtransformation

rtransformation Registered Member

there is no meaning to concern the frequency!!!!
    360 cloud engine has a faster response to new viruses than traditional engine.
    in China, 360 users are about four hundred million, so once a new virus come out , it will be dead soon.
    in Chinese version ,the BD and Avria engine are defaultly closed if you install the 360 AV for the first time. it defaultly opens the 360 cloud and QVM engine without OEM engine.

9. Dragonsteel

Dragonsteel Registered Member

Well I decided to try this out again. Running all three 360 Internet Security 2013 engines real-time next to CFW HIPS off/BB on auto sandbox set to Untrusted.

Wish me luck!

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well you should be fine. But be advised mixing Comodo with any other security programs can become a test of wills. As much as i always tried to keep Comodo on my systems, and actually liked them, it was only a matter of a short time that i was left with either deactivating my other apps or just uninstall Comodo. I chose the latter because a multiple layer configuration is proven perfect for me.

On another note, Qihoo 360 Security is lite and well crafted enough to make matching up with most all other apps a joy.

11. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I used this combo for a couple of weeks with the exception of untrusted for unknowns. I used fully virtualized instead. Had no problems or slow downs.

12. Dragonsteel

Yeah I'm liking Qihoo 360. I've also noticed Comodo doesn't play well with others. I do want to like them but... Yeah do anyway we'll see.

13. Dragonsteel

Good to know, thank you!

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It seems like if Comodo has choice few security apps it's fully compatible teamed up with, 360 Security is one of them.

I like 360 becoz of many welcome advantages, another of them being that it's very uninintrusive in spite of all it's many modules. They obviously have designed this AV extremely well and from that developer list posted earlier, it's no surprise to me because Qihoo fielded some of the most super talented coders you would ever want.

Still perculating along just peachy here in windows 8 x64 box with zero issues.

15. Dragonsteel

So far so good here as well! I find the idea of 3 different AV engines working at once very comforting lol. Of course I've no idea how good they are actually doing, but we'll see. Then again, being behind Comodo's FW helps to ;)

16. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Well I had the same issue of breaking down after reboot of 360 and had to fix it by re-downloading it on my 64bit windows 7 as usual.

But with the installation of the latest "D" version the issue is gone and all is well.

So what ever was causing the issue was solved in the latest version "D". A to C I had issues with.

17. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Qihoo has been tested by AV-C, AV-Test, and VirusBulletin with very good results, although it's the Chinese version with the additional Avira engine (that shouldn't make much of a difference though).

18. taleblou

Bu the way 360 IS and zone alarm free firewall are working excellet together and very solid and lite. excellent combination if you use IE, FF, CH browsers.

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just installed it again, but disabled BitDefender for realtime protection. Hopefully it won't be too heavy this time. When I had it installed originally I found it too heavy at times like just about all antiviruses.

If it light with BD disabled I will keep it installed, otherwise I will uninstall it and remain without any realtime protection for the time being.

20. Dragonsteel

Interesting. I haven't found it heavy at all with all 3 engines enabled real time.

21. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

AV-Comparatives also gave Qihoo (the Chinese version) a "Standard" rating in the latest Performance test, and AV-Test a 4.5/6 in Performance in their latest test.

It's very light on my computer, although file copying might sometimes slower (not sure on this one).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  22. taleblou

It seems there is a bug in 360 internet security. Even though I have never activated and is unchecked the schedule scanning option, I keep seeing at least twice already when the pc is idle it does a quick scan and usually it freezes and I have to reboot.

Anyone else having similar issue?

23. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Initially I found it to be very light. However one day after waking my computer from sleep it was using 35% CPU use. This could have been just a temporary problem, but I don't know as I disabled 360 after that.

As soon as an antivirus causes a noticeable impact on performance I stop using it.

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Same here.:thumb:

25. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Me too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.