3 questions about TrojanHunter- please help

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by bellgamin, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Three questions about TrojanHunter on behalf of a friend who is buying software to give to his daughter, but who refuses to even be in the same house with a computer...

1) Approximately how often does Trojan Hunter issue new/updated signatures?

2) The price for TH on TH's own website is $49. The MajorGeeks listing for TH 4.2 (Build 90:cool: has a "Click to Buy" link that goes to THIS reseller. The price there is $39.95. Does anyone know whether or not buying from this outfit will get you the complete, latest, uncrippled TH -- same as if you bought it from TH's own site?

3) Does a license for TH need to be renewed annually? If not, how long is the license effective?

I surely would appreciate some help on these questions.

aloha from Hawaii... bellgamin

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Belgamin,

two months ago Trojanhunter was releasing a couple times a day, since a few weeks I see two/three updates a week.

I don't know, probably this will be the same situation like boclean users who purchased it from compusa or newegg...Magnus is a respectable man and offers good support...

Nope it is a one time fee and no yearly subscriptions/fees necessary:)

Very nice Feature for the bucks you pay it imho.

not a bad product imho and listed in my top five segment

cheers

Inf.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The license at this time is lifetime for updates and upgrades. The updates themselves are averaging about twice a week but it varies with need. For about two weeks after the release of version 4.2 they came about once a day. As for the link to the reseller and whether it comes with all the bells and whistles I do not know. You could probe the Trojan Hunter forum which is quite active and monitored closely by the developers...the link: http://forum.misec.net/... :D

Two responses in less than 10 minutes...not bad eh?. :eek:

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It is good to know that one does not have to buy a yearly subscription for updates. I tried TH on one computer and liked it. However, I had already bought Ewido.
    I like Ewido, but as far as I know it is an annual subscription. I may change to TH when my license expires.

Jerry

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

As far as this questions goes it might be best to ask Magnus himself < support(at)misec.net >. However he does list SellShareware.com on his site under the reseller linky.

http://www.trojanhunter.com/reseller/

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

i luv this software bought it last week..duz auto updates found nothing mind u..i dont use the gaurd not sure y but rather scan.not sure how good the sigss are in it i hear ok? .MD :D

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Based on the comments here, as well as the fact that Randy Bell & some other folks I admire are *regulars* on the TH Forum, I recommended that my friend go ahead & buy TH. He said okay. Per his instructions, I used the reseller link where TH is priced at $39.95. It took me to a RegSoft link where the price is -- guess what -- $49.

That bit of out-dated advertising annoyed my friend (he is a very frugal fellow) so he's now taking a look at other AT's. On the other hand, in the process of trialing TH for my friend, I have become rather enamored of this program, so have not yet uninstalled it. Thanks to all who gave me their help & advice. I greatly appreciate you all. You are the kind of folks who make Wilders grrrreat!

aloha... bellgamin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.