3 Processes running with no info???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by T_Durden, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I am using windows 7 on an hp p6310y and I am looking at the processes running and there are 3 with no image path,User name or description listed. The only thing shown is the memory used and it doesnt seem to change. I googled 1 of them and saw it may be a possible virus or spyware. The 3 are csrss.exe, nvvsvc.exe and winlogon.exe I can open the properties or file path for any of them. The csrss.exe I did find in a program folder but when searched, it showed up in several other places as well. Any info would be great thanks.o_O

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

T_Durden, perhaps this info will put your mind at ease:

csrss.exe - Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem.

nvvsvc.exe - NVIDIA Driver Helper Service.

winlogon.exe - Microsoft Windows Logon Process

I have #1 and #3 in my HPE-210y but not #2. Instead I have WinMsgBallonClient.exe, which is a child process of RAIDXpertService.exe.

If you are using the task Manager to seek process info, use MS Process Explorer instead, which will render more info on each.

3. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

Thanks. I had looked up the first one like i said and was shown to be the name of a virus at one time and that it should be in only one file. As I searched, it was in a few so thats why I ask. The other 2 I couldnt find at all. Thanks for the help. I'll start looking them up with the explorer you posted.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

T_Durden, you're welcome! Take care.

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

One thing to keep in mind is often it's not the name of the process that will trigger it as malware but "where that process is located/running from"

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

T_Durden, forgot to mention that if your hp p6310y came with Win 7 64-bit, in order to correctly run Process Explorer, you need to right click procexp.exe and select Run as administrator, otherwise you won't see all the info. Just FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.