3 on demand scans launch at same time

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SteveBlanchard, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Last night I added an on demand scan to run every Friday at 20:00 and a smart scan to run every Wednesday.

This morning I rebooted NOD v3 vis the kill process as I had done some excluding work on BoClean. A couple of minutes after I noticed 3 scans start simultaniously. The 2 scans I set for next week were running, plus one with my computer id listed on the scan page, which I presume is an inbuilt feature as I had killed the ekrn.exe rather than reboot the PC.

Is this right?

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I had similar when I switched on my computer this morning. I have a weekly scan of local drives set to run at 10.00hrs every Sunday, using the In-Depth profile. In the settings, I selected that it should run as soon as possible, if not started at the scheduled time. Last week, the computer was on, and it ran fine.

This morning, I turned the computer on at 10.07hrs and the scan started three times simultaneously. I thought it was just me :blink:

3. Tief

Tief Registered Member

6-3-2008 9:13:06 C:\Boot sector;C:\;E:\Boot sector;E:\ 0 0 0 Scanning in progress
    6-3-2008 9:12:15 C:\Boot sector;C:\;E:\Boot sector;E:\ 0 0 0 Scanning in progress
    6-3-2008 9:12:08 C:\Boot sector;C:\;E:\Boot sector;E:\ 0 0 0 Scanning in progress

I also have set-up some scheduled on demand scans and I also noticed that 3 on demand scans are launched at the same this. Is this a bug or working as designed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.