3.0.621.0 Outlook 2007 w/ Exchange Sync Errors

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SuBDivisions, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuBDivisions

SuBDivisions Registered Member

I have installed the trial version of Nod32 to see how it is ( i had the 2.7 and loved it), but to my dismay it has made my entire morning a living hell.

We have an Exchange 2003 in house server.. One that is well protected already with a Symantec Mail Security device, so scanning for viruses is not needed on our outlook clients, (the company runs 2003, I run 2007), but i figured since Nod is so low cou, it wouldnt hurt to have double protection.

Well I didnt like by default how it scanned every email in my inbox and Changed every one to include the "Scanned by NOD32" tagline.. I wouldnt have minded so much if this did not cause MASSIVE Syncronization errors with the Database on the Exchange box (I am in Cached Exchange Mode)..

tHIS CAUSED ME TO CREATE MULTIPLE OUTLOOK PROFILES, Scan my .pst, .ost for errors, until i Finally realized it was NOD32 doing this.. I had to disable all Outlook 2007 Integration with Nod32.

It created 4 "Infected File" folders.. 4 "Spam" folders, to which i wanted 0 folders created for me..

Was this product tested on an Outlook/Exchange Environment?!!

Please be aware of this.. If you have this environment, check your SYNC ISSUES folder in outlook.. It will grow to massive size (basically an exact dupe of your inbox, because now every local copy of your inbox has changed from the servers because of the tagline added..)...

By default this should be turned OFF, unless requested.

Further testing to be done later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.