25 Running Process but non in Task Manager?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cyborg, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have 29 running processes according to Ad-Aware and to be honest I have not got a clue if these all need to be running or not and if not how do I stop them.

I have 2 attachments which show my task manager processes which I presume are the ones picked by Ad-Aware.

Can somebody please check them out and give me some feedback as to what I need and don't.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx,

Cyborg

Attached Files:

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Should have read 29,

Sorry , Second attachment

Cyborg

Attached Files:

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

I think that Adaware counts the real number of processes, let's say in your case 29.

Then, when you open the task manager, it appears itself in the list, increasing by one the total number of processes (taskmgr.exe).

Then, you have the line "System Idle" and "System" which aren't process by themselves (not executables runnning) but rather information about ressources used.

So if you add these 3 things, you reach 32 processes.

Hope this help :)

EDIT : i don't know what CTSVCCDA.exe is.

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Maybe slightly off-topic relative to Cyborg's main question, but hopefully close enough ...

I'm on XP-Home myself (only a few months now, and still learning), and I've always wondered why svchost typically shows up as a number of separate listings, usually with different amounts of memory usage for each. Is it fragmented in memory, and that's why the separate entries? Or maybe each listing entry for it is running different sub-processes, for want of a better term?

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

WinTasks Process Library

ctsvccda - ctsvccda.exe - Process Information
    Process File: ctsvccda or ctsvccda.exe
    Process Name: Creative CD-ROM Services
    Description: Background task for CD-ROM access that gets installed by the Windows 95, 98, or ME drivers of some Creative SoundBlaster soundcards. It also sometimes gets installed on Windows 2000 by non-driver related Creative software suites, such as Creative Jukebox.
    Company: Creative Technology Ltd
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
    Common Errors: N/A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.