2277 - Rescue Media Builder is not installed!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michael777, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael777

Michael777 Registered Member

2277 - E00640074:Rescue Media Builder is not installed.

Purchased and Installed 2277 today. Attempt to launch Rescue Media Builder from GUI results in above error.

Any ideas?

Seems to run from Start/Programs, but makes me wonder which version of Rescue Media Builder it is. How does one check the version of Rescue Media Builder? Its a wizard without a menu.

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following in order to obtain Acronis True Image 9.0 installation log?

- Uninstall the software as it is described in section 2.4 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide;

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please note that you should select Complete installation in order to install Acronis Rescue Media Builder (see point 3 of section 2.2 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide).

If the problem still persists after Acronis True Image 9.0 re-installation then please also collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of that error message stating that "Rescue Media Builder is not installed";

- Find the version of Acronis Rescue Media Builder as it is described below:

Go to \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder, find the MediaBuilder.exe file, right-click on it and go to Properties, Version section.

- Tell us if you had any of Acronis products installed before installing Acronis True Image 9.0.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Michael777

Michael777 Registered Member

Alexey,

Thank you for your reply.

I ran a "repair" from the msi, and all is well now.

I had installed the 9.0 trial prior.

As to the "version", help / about from the booted version works as well.

Michael

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting back with the results.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.