2277 Findings

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have just updated my "trial" to build 2277 to see if anything has improved.

Briefly my configuration for the test was a single IDE drive, split into 2 partitions. I copied some data onto the second partition and wanted to try a backup and restore on this partition.

1. I started by creating a boot disk to a CD-RW - this worked fine.

2. I booted from CDROM and discovered that the trial will not allow creation of images from a CDROM bootup.

3. I booted to windows and made a partition image of my D: drive onto my c: drive root. This looked OK created a file named c:\test.tib

4. Booted from CDROM and tried to do a restore, however when I was told to browse to my .tib file it was not there !! :eek: !!

5. Booted back to windows and did the restore without any problems - the .tib file was there - unlike following the CDROM boot.

2277 Image Restore/Backup Summary:
    -------------------------------------
    Boot disk creation : OK
    Windows Backup : OK
    Windows Restore : OK
    Linux Backup : Not available in trial software
    Linux Restore : Broken, cannot browse to tib files.

Anyone else got any findings on 2277 ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Bootable CD doesn't have the Explore Image option, you can only explore your image archive in Windows. You are right, there is the limitation of Acronis True Image trial version that you cannot create a backup in rescue media.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. foghorne

Apologies if this topic has bifurcated, but to be clear. Are you saying that the inability to browse to a file from TI 9 b2277 Boot CD is

- a Trial limitation
    - a bug
    - Intentional

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

No, Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version doesn't have the limitation to view the tib.file. Could you please clarify what you mean by "cannot browse to tib files"? You start the Restore Backup Wizard and cannot find the tib.file that you want to restore, am I correct?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. foghorne

Irina, thanks for your reply. I think this one is my mistake. I have three partitions C,D and E, and Linux reverses the mappings of D & E. I have just tried the restore from the CD again, and once I had found the .tib It worked fine.

So to summarise, my basic checks with b 2277 (Trial) using a single partitioned IDE drive are as follows:

Create CDRW Boot disk : OK
    Create Image from Windows : OK
    Restore Image from Windows : OK
    Create Image from Boot CD : Not available in the trial
    Restore Image from Boot CD : OK

All seems to be heading in the right direction.
    Thanks
    Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.