2009 data backup fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edisoninfo, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edisoninfo

edisoninfo Registered Member

Has anyone got 2009 to do a backup? I have yet to get it to run a scheduled backup. It fails with this error:

---------------------------------------------------
    My Data Backup1 Task is waiting for user interaction.

Description: My Data Backup
    Problem Info: Failed to backup file or folder ''.
    Problem Details: Specified file does not exist.
    ---------------------------------------------------

I have contacted support and the best they could come up with was boot from a recovery cd and do a backup because the file is in use! What? What file? Does anyone see a file listed in that error message? The stupid message evens says the file does not exist! Well, then why is it trying to backup it up?

For reference, I am doing a data backup of the My Documents folder and two other folders with important files in them, scheduled to run at 1am.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

First I would run cchkdsk to make sure there are no file probs on the disk, then this might help and is worth trying since it should only take a handful of ninutes:

delete the task, reboot, recreate task and try it.

If that doens't help, I'd try uninstalling ATI and reinstalling (best if seciruty software is off while installing). the recreating the task.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello edisoninfo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, could you please collect the following informations (if you didn't send it yet):

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please send the collected files attached with a reply to the last e-mail you received from our Support Team. To expedite the resolution I would recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. jsoldo

jsoldo Registered Member

Any resolution on this? I am having the EXACT same issue.

Thanks!
    Jon

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I see that you have created your own thread. Very wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.