2 week backup Rotation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by candle_66, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candle_66

candle_66 Registered Member

I want to keep 2 fridays of weekly backups.

This friday, if i create a Weekly Friday backup set to 2 weeks and backup with a unique .tib, will that start in 2 weeks?

If so do I then have to create another job the following Friday and give it another .tib name.

My logic being that Backup A will run weeks 1 and 3 and Backup 2 will run 2 and 4.

Each second set will overwrite the first and give me the 2 weeks I want.

Is that going to work?

Thanks

candle_66

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Yes, that will work. Well done for working out that you have to wait a week before setting up the second set of backups.:cool:

3. candle_66

candle_66 Registered Member

Thanks,

It seems a bit odd though. I would have liked to see a calendar in the scheduling options.

Never mind though, this product seems to do what I want

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello candle_66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. Acronis True Image embedded scheduler functionality will most likely be improved in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.