2 simple questions about true image 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kyros15, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyros15

kyros15 Registered Member

1. Is it more stable,light and generally better than 11?
    2. If i have a full back up with 11, can i recover it with 2009?
    thanks

2. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

1. Is it more stable,light and generally better than 11? NO

2. If i have a full back up with 11, can i recover it with 2009?
    thanks YES

Now, an answer to a question you did not ask

Is it work upgrading from TI11...NO...categorically NO! If 11 works, stick with it.

So far some issues:

1. TI2009 disables USB Devices...Fixed
    2. Bad serial numbers...Fixed
    3. When restoring a 2009 Image, MS Office is either corrupt or damaged. This either requires uninstalling using an MS uninstaller to clean up OR...a repair to Office 2007. After restoration...Open an Office app...and it asks for the original installation disk...copies files for about 10 minutes and then Office works again. Read through the posts here and you will see that 2009 is NOT good

3. kyros15

kyros15 Registered Member

thank you my friend

4. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

That not true . I have done so and my Office is fine , no problems at all .

Also I haven't had any issues with 2009 so far . I already made 3 restore image . Twice for XP and once for Vista . No problems at all ... Only thing I see is it different with the platform but once understanding it ? Its ok , I don't mind it .

5. bobmitch

Sorry...but I just restored a 2009 image and when I got back into Windows my Office 2007 wouldn't work. I had to insert my Product CD and let it to a repair...then it worked. Maybe good for you but others are having issues. Have you restored yet? I am in the middle of restoring a TI 11 image because 2009 caused issues. It's not that black and white. Why let others waste money until the product is fixed. You have made the images...but have you restored oneo_O??

Not just MY imagination

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=223899

Kyros15...you are most welcome. Read up on as much as you can here....make your own decision. Proceed with caution

6. TerryFox

You didn't read my post clearly . I said I did restore 3 times already . Twice for xp and once for Vista ... No problems at all and the images were created by version 11 , restore using 2009.

7. bobmitch

OK...so you restored a TI11 image using 2009...I get that. But in order for the issue with MS Office to come to fruition...you have to back up with 2009 and restore a 2009 image. I am currently experimenting a bit. Restoring a TI11 image right now with 2009, as you did. If it works...a somewhat viable option...but why waste the money on 2009 when TI 10 and TI 11 do work?

8. TerryFox

Good to hear and I hope ATI come out with a fix with your other problem

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue is well-known. Our Development team is working to fix it. Meanwhile, you can overcome the encountered issue in the following way: you should exclude .bak extension from the list of files to exclude during the backup operation. The issue should not be reproduced.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

10. TerryFox

No offense and I'm sure Acronis staff is working hard but if Acronis could of mention this statement sooner I probably wouldn't of ask for a refund which I did . I believe most people here are upset because of the fact they are just sitting waiting to hear something from Acronis . If Acronis would of said okay we understand there bugs pls allow us the time to work on it or something like that I'm sure most wouldn't be so upset . Just a thought of a opinion .

11. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

The solution for this problem was posted on these forums over a week ago and the new build 9646 is set not to exclude any files by default so this problem won't exist anymore.

ATI2009 is working absolutely great for me. Great product! :thumb:

12. WOEHAA

WOEHAA Registered Member

I admit .. I still have to download the latest update, but I can say that I really would like v11 to work for me (I would reinstall it, if it were possible on my system)

For one I am really curious for the marketing report that shows the absolute need for all the features v2009 nowadays has.

And at acronis people probably do work hard to solve all the issues.
    But - for example - it remains a sad fact that uninstall tools (which have proven to be essential) must be found on a seperate forum like this one instead of the support page *cough* at acronis' homepage

13. TerryFox

My point wasn't just for that one fix . It was meant in general . I'm saying whenever there is a few bugs or what not it would be nice if Acronis would post something about it , instead of waiting sometimes weeks not knowing

14. oldaussiedog

oldaussiedog Registered Member

Unfortunately this is not quite correct. The installed program (build 9646) no longer defaults to excluding files, but the recovery CD still does, so if making a backup using the Recovery, it remains for the user to remember to untick it manually.

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Release notes about the new build of Acronis True image Home 2009 are available here

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.