2 Restricted Sites Protection-Nada happens

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joliver, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joliver

joliver Registered Member

My 1st post--a nova here, but let it go--just want to get these crabs outta my hair: "Restricted sites protection" is enabled. 2 sites have protection disabled . . . When I check them and click "Protect Against Checked Items" the "checks" go away (!?). When I click on "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items," nothing ("nada") happens. They are still listed in Restricted Sites as having Protection Disabled. These d_____ (XX##**@@xx**) sites are: Cool Web Search (50) advert.exaccess.ru; and: Cool Web Search (265) dev.ntcor.com. HEY!! anybody out there, HELP!!! I need to get rid of these d______ crabs right away, to get on to my daily business. Thanks beforehand to all of you. Salut!

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

3. joliver

joliver Registered Member

Dear Eldar, Thank you very much! Your reference to Javacool's tip worked very well, but afterwards, I had to restart my computer to get SpySweeper to respond, so that I could re-enable IE Security Shield. I did write to Webroot and told tech support of the conflict between programs, and asked when could we expect it to be resolved? I'm waiting for an answer.

I'm calming down now after a keylogger got to me. I had checked my email and some accounts on another computer that turned out to have a keylogger. We got rid of it, but whoever it was started using one of my email accounts and who knows what all. I'm in the midst of changing a lot of things now and going over both computers. Don't think I'll use someone else's computer again unless I'm sure of it--hard lesson.

Thanks again and also for Spyware Blaster. -joliver

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi joliver,

My pleasure helping you with this little problem.

Wouldn't want to have a keylogger on my system. Nasty piece of spyware.:mad:
    Have a look around and I'm sure you'll learn quickly enough how to secure your computer even more.

Anyhow I'm glad you've got rid of all that junk. Most of the time we must find
    out the hard way in order to take precautions. :doubt:
    Same for me, so you're not the only one.

Take good care of yourself & your computers and have a great weekend joliver. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.