2 questions for the price of one!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

i have 2 questions today - i am a trueimage latest version user:
    * i had to restore my c drive recently and noticed that the system XP SP2 had slowed down a bit, so i used norton speed disk and noticed a fragmented hard drive, my question is does trueimage back up the fragmentation state of a hard drive? i am not a real techie so i am clueless there. Also, this may be out of scope of this forum, but i noticed that my page file is AFTER all the frequently used files in the norton disk map. is that a performance problem?

* why does scheduler which is set to backup upon shutdown once per day, start no matter what i say to the confirmation dialog? i always have to then cancel the started job when i dont want backup to happen at that moment... and then, if i cancel the days backup, when i do try to run the job i get an RPC server error of some sort until i reboot and try again. Something seems hosed there. i have tried to repair the installation using the download, but that does not fix the problem for the next time i cancel during the day.

thanks!!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

1. Acronis True Image restores your disk/partition to the state it was when you created your backup including the state of defragmentation.

2. Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.