2 Issues - NOD32 4.2.76 - notifications & remote configurations not working right

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pmabee, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmabee

pmabee Registered Member

Notifications only send when system shutting down. They are sent, but only at time of shut down. I am testing this with the EICAR test virus. FYI - This has worked fine for years until now.

Other issue, we are moving our admin console from one server to another. From the old console I have pushed out a new config pointing at the new server for remote administration. However none of the systems show up on the new console. I can physically go to the machine, open the setup tree and see that the new server is there but until I manually import the config, open the setup tree and OK it, the computer will still show in the old console and not on the new one.

Any thoughts?

2. JamesR

JamesR Eset Staff Account

What version of ESET NOD32 and ESET Remote Administrator Server/Console are you running?
    If you are on the latest versions of NOD32(4.2.76) and ESET Remote Administrator Server/Console(4.0.13:cool: and the issue is persisting, can you open a case with ESET Support so they can review the configurations you are attempting to apply? Also if you have a Remote Administration Server name being dictated via Policy Manager it will override any settings being set in a configuration task.

To check if you are enforcing a Remote Adminsitration Server name via policy do the following in ESET Remote Adminsitrator:
    1. Go to Tools >> Policy Manager >> Highlight a policy and click the Edit button on the right.
    2. In the configuration editor navigate to "ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus" >> ESET Kernel >> Setup >> Remote Adminsitration >> "Primary server address"
    3. If there is a blue Square next to "Primary Server Address" this will prevent the configuration task from changing the Address to report to. To Unmark it highlight it and click the Unmark button in the top right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.