@@ (2 instead of 1 @-sign) problem

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by guest, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muddy3

Muddy3 Registered Member

No! Read my entry again.

Whilst I acknowledge it affects more than just French keyboards (for example it affects you, and you are from Finland), it by no means affects everyone with our types of keyboard or at least not everyone with French keyboards, judging from the sample of friends I have managed to get feedback from.

However, I do agree it is pretty serious.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I agree that this should be fixed even if it doesn't happen everywhere. We had two reproducible cases come in and were able to fix both of them with a change coming in the next build so I'm hoping that this applies to the more general case as well.

3. Muddy3

Muddy3 Registered Member

That'll be great if it does!!!

If it doesn't, for your information this doubling of characters (eg. @ becomes @@, € becomes €€, etc.) seems to affect almost all the characters that can be generated by using the AltGr "additional shift" key plus another key, when you are typing in an internet browser being protected by WSA Identity Shield.

As I said, I'll let you know in a post here if the next build resolves the problem (on my computers).

Thanks for your efforts :)

EDIT: In Firefox the key doubles. In IE and in Chrome you receive a complaining noise.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  4. Anarion

Anarion Registered Member

I was joking. I do wonder what would happen on my other machines. As far as I know, no one knows about Webroot here so it's not really surprising if people do not report stuff. I do not know how widespread issue it really is.

Sound promising and I do hope it also fixes the error/warning/notification/something voice in other cases.

5. guest

guest Guest

Since v8.0.2.103 (beta) this @@ (2 instead of 1 @-sign) problem seems to be fixed as user Pierrequiroule reported already in the thread about that new version, at least it's for me too (right now on FF 19 newest beta). :thumb:

6. Muddy3

Muddy3 Registered Member

That's great news :argh:

Here's hoping we, who are not beta users, will have the same experience when we are upgraded to the new version...

Btw, it'll also make me more confident about recommending WSA to French (and German and Finnish and Bulgarian etc.) keyboard users.

7. Muddy3

Muddy3 Registered Member

@@ Problem Apparently Resolved!!!

Have just been updated to v.8.0.2.109 on both my xp pro sp3 computer and my windows 7 pro computer, and the problem appears to be resolved with both!!! No more doubling of Alternative Graphics characters such as @@ in FF, and no more complaining noises in IE or Chrome when entering same characters. Hooray :argh: :argh:

I will see if this remains the same over the next seven days, and if so I shall consider the issue as resolved. In which case I will no longer have any reservations in recommending WSA to AZERTY (and other non-US/non-UK) keyboard users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.