2.5 thread closure

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gauthreau, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Interesting, came here to discuss what happened to the much touted "NOD 2.5" release date, only to find Moderators have closed the thread preaching the benefits of v. 2.5 instead of allowing open discussion of what happened. I thought this was a NOD32 help board, open to discussion of all things NOD32. I've been told of such things in the past when I had my hand slapped with the mear mention of a rival AV. Please don't tell me that this board is open to all things NOD32, but only when Eset gets it right.

Neil

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There's not much of a discussion to it - Eset has already said there are a few touchups to be done, it was getting a bit off topic, and pretty much nothing was going to be done about the delay, thats why I think it was closed.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

@ Gauthreau

I disagree with you.

The thread is closed, not removed. So, its still there to read.

I found the open discussion in the thread drowned by comments like: oh, ESET missed there release date, now they can't be trusted anymore and when are they going to ship etc.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

So what. They just missed relese date. Look at game industry. They don't miss releases by 3 days,but 1 or even 2 years (i saw even more).
    Last official build still works just fine and it's fully supported by ESET.
    I really don't see the problem. They also didn't announce the release date on their webpage. And triust me,it's better to delay release than to give buggy software to users (which will then complain even more than for delayed release...).

5. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

And this one will be closed too. Now. From Daddy Cool :cool:

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Neil,

For the record....you are wrong in assuming my closure of said mentioned thread had anything to do with what picture you are attempting to paint. While I know very little about Nod....except via posts by your person and all the other members....I am a Wilders Mod who simply made a Wilders decision to close said thread....nothing more nothing less.
    Without a doubt you are absolutely correct....and even tho I am on the outside looking in....I'm sure that will not change :)
    Actually....IMHO....Nod very much got it wrong this time as it pertains to this threads actual topic....but....as I stated earlier....I closed this thread and it had nothing to do with suppressing any negative comments concerning this matter. IMHO....for anyone who frequents this Forum....or this site as a whole on a regular basis.....they would not have to be a rocket scientist to know why this thread was closed o_O

As you come down off your box....perhaps you'll find that "Interesting"....and if you have a members screen name instead of just a Guest account....feel free to send a PM to my person and we can discuss this further if you wish.

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.