1b has 2 instances of ESS running after upgrade and reboots

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by vapor, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapor

vapor Registered Member

I installed 1b over 1a yesterday - no problems. Today, when I started up my machine I have 2 instances of egui.exe running and 2 ESS icons in my taskbar. My start-up list has ESS listed twice under msconfig as well.

Anyone else having this problem. I'm running XP.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

Try to reinstall ESS:
    Uninstall it first from Control Panel->Add/Remove programs
    Reboot
    Delete manually C:\Program files\ESET and C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    Check if you have leftovers about ESS in your msconfig and disable them
    Install again ESS beta1b downloaded from http://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta1b/ess_nt32_enu.msi
    Use Typical install

:thumb:

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey thats another version?? smaller and all? I got a reset last night again, but after that soemthing about programm has been updated

Ruben

4. vapor

vapor Registered Member

It showed both versions as 1b, so I believe it was the same version. Also, I went through everything that HiTech Boy suggested and that worked - of course, I still had to go in through msconfig and shut down one of the running instances of egui.exe in the end, so I really don't see what the point was. I could have done the same thing without the uninstall/re-install.

In any event, all is running ok now. Still, sent a ticket in to Eset since I thought they should know the upgrade didn't work properly on my machine. That is the point of betas after all....

:D

5. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.