1b has 2 instances of ESS running after upgrade and reboots

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by vapor, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapor

vapor Registered Member

I installed 1b over 1a yesterday - no problems. Today, when I started up my machine I have 2 instances of egui.exe running and 2 ESS icons in my taskbar. My start-up list has ESS listed twice under msconfig as well.

Anyone else having this problem. I'm running XP.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

Try to reinstall ESS:
    Uninstall it first from Control Panel->Add/Remove programs
    Reboot
    Delete manually C:\Program files\ESET and C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    Check if you have leftovers about ESS in your msconfig and disable them
    Install again ESS beta1b downloaded from http://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta1b/ess_nt32_enu.msi
    Use Typical install

:thumb:

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey thats another version?? smaller and all? I got a reset last night again, but after that soemthing about programm has been updated

Ruben

4. vapor

vapor Registered Member

It showed both versions as 1b, so I believe it was the same version. Also, I went through everything that HiTech Boy suggested and that worked - of course, I still had to go in through msconfig and shut down one of the running instances of egui.exe in the end, so I really don't see what the point was. I could have done the same thing without the uninstall/re-install.

In any event, all is running ok now. Still, sent a ticket in to Eset since I thought they should know the upgrade didn't work properly on my machine. That is the point of betas after all....

:D

5. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.