15 Day Trial Version expired in 1 day!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NOHTO, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOHTO

NOHTO Registered Member

I installed the software yesterday, and tried to start it today, and this is what came up. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it doesn't help. I hate it when software leaves trash behind (poor uninstaller) After uninstall there were 100's of registry entries still left behind. Slightly pissed off to say the least. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

2. RobH

RobH Guest

To my surprise your trial version is fully functional!.
    According to Acronis website, the trial is a limited functionality show case.

Is this version 8.0, or something older !

Might explain why it will not run anymore.

For bad uninstalling.. I usually make an image. Then install and try the app, then restore the image.
    Know it doesn't make sense in this case. But limited time demo's must leave stuff behind to keep us from reinstalling forever.

RobH

3. NOHTO

NOHTO Registered Member

It is version 8.0. I understand leaving behind the reg key to keep from reinstallingg it, but not the part where it leaves behind literally 100+ entries. I know I should of used an image. I usually keep a copy, but I was trying there software because I was having problems with norton ghost not copying a HD image from the IDE channel to a raptor HD. True image didn't work either. I had to change the drive letter and path on Raptor to drive c in windows then take the IDE drive out. The problem was my other drives in the system. Even though they did not have a boot sector, it was causing problems since the drives were D and E and the new raptor was f. It couldn't find the boot drive until I changed it to c.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.