12 Active X items of protection are disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by richardfrey11001, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardfrey11001

richardfrey11001 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been experiencing something I want to question. Since the last version of SpywareBlaster and into the 4.0 version, the same 12 items of protection become disabled. That is to say, I will reopen the program to check for updates and find that it says that 12 items of Internet Explorer have been disabled. I will then check for updates and enable all protection. When I return a few days later, those 12 items have been unchecked again.

Hotbar
    UCMore toolbar
    Hotbar 2
    Savenow Download Variant
    Savenow Db Variant
    Savenow WUInst Variant
    Navexcel
    Navexcel 2
    UCMore Variant
    Topicks
    Topicks 2
    Smartshopper
    *Edit to add two more unprotected items:
    Smartshopper (A798E.....)
    Smartshopper (2178C.....)
    Can you tell me what to do next. I have run several on line virus scanners and my Hijackthis looks normal.

*EDIT: I ran the Spybot S&D update program and then ran the locate problems part of that program. There were no problems, but when I came back to SpywareBlaster there were 14 IE items unprotected. I think there is a conflict between the two programs.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. richardfrey11001

Hi,

Yes I do have Spyware Doctor installed on my machine. It is a recent install and may coincide with the time I started having trouble with SpywareBlaster. I will disable it and report back on this to you.

Thanks for the link to a most interesting thread.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. richardfrey11001

Spyware Doctor is the culprit. I will leave it turned off until the issue is resolved. The recent protection update to Spyware Doctor must have added the two new unprotected active x items that I attributed to Spybot S&D. That more recent thread is very engrossing. I cant wait to see the next post from PC tools.:D

6. davstar

davstar Registered Member

7. richardfrey11001

Thanks for your input. I am following your thread and look forward to a favorable conclusion; IE, where I can run both programs without conflict.

8. davstar

davstar Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. richardfrey11001

:D Thanks for the heads up. I will download latest version and re enable the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.