/1 error on hard disk (drive backup2012)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by anaturelover, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anaturelover

anaturelover Registered Member

hi I have a probleme on my xp sp3 spinpoint hhd:

paragondrive backup 2012 free

I have 2 partition c and d . Os is on c and I format the d even if it is a new hdd. I asked paragon to do a back up of c and to put it on d. the message below appeared so I did a scandisk . I trid again and same message.

how to solve this ?

o/1 error on hard disk drive has occured. What would woul like to do?the hard disk write or read has failed . :rolleyes:
    thx

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Maybe try enable "Paragon Hot Processing" option? (i'm not sure)

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check the drive with chkdsk and correct errors

4. anaturelover

anaturelover Registered Member

ok I had done a chec disk via start menu execute(pseudo msdos thing) before even if I wrote scan disk

anyway a did format my D again went in mode sans echec f8(i run french version I guess its something like without error mode or... not the normal mode) proprieties/tools/verify error and did perform the /first option (took 3 sec ) and then performed the/ second case
    first image on this page http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/3755-faire-un-checkdisk-chkdsk-sous-windows-xp

do I need to perform the chck disk on my C partition also before retrying paragon? os is on C.

xp sp3
    thx
    anaturelover

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Run the chkdsk or scandisk on both C and D. You want it to do a read check of all sectors in the partition which in chkdsk would be running it with the /r option. Scandisk does similar but you have to select the second option of "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

It could be a read problem on drive C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.