000.8/000.9 Whats up?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am still having problems with two programs not responding on shut down. Update 000.8 caused Windows XP to go beserk. I'm dealing with that . I had E Mailed ESET support and am being told to download 000.8/000.9 that they are now ok. What are we supposed to do?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

William,

Blame it one me ;) - but is your question wether or not to download 000.9?

regards.

paul

3. WilliamP

I'm not sure what to do, because we have not been informed here on the NOD32 forum that those updates are now safe to download. I have XP SP1a Home Edition. Thank you for any info.

4. WilliamP

Right now I have000.6

5. Paul Wilders

William,

Ok - please forward the email your received from Eset, and I'll check it out. My addy is in my profile ;)

regards.

paul

6. WilliamP

You should have the E Mail by now. Thanks Paul..

7. Paul Wilders

...answered in the meanwhile ;)

regards.

paul

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What does "answered in the meanwhile mean"? I too would like to know if it is safe for me to put my NOD32 on my new XP Pro Sp1 box. I had to return the first tower from Dell as defective. I had put it on that tower but that was the 2.6 version back in early November and it worked fine. Then I returned that tower and the new one Dell sent came with another av for a three month trial. I left that av on the new Dell because at that point there was this awful problem with shutdown (if using the upgraded NOD32) on the very version of XP that I have. Now, I am having problems with the update service on the av that came on this box. I would like to uninstall it and put my NOD32 on it but is this problem fixed or not?

I get really tired of the frequently cryptic answers on this forum. Other people might be following the thread (besides the thread starter) and thus the answers should be there clearly for everyone. I see a lot of cryptic, private answers on this board and I think that practice should cease. It makes this board seem like a private messaging service at times instead of an open board.

9. Paul Wilders

Mele, "answered" means a personal and private email has been sent and answered - I'm sure you do agree PM is just that: Private Mail.

I'm sorry - but I can't follow you here. Questions asked here are addressed here. At times, there's need for exchanging PM between for example Eset and a customer, since there is a specific individual issue at hand. I for one can't see anything wrong it that.

In case you personally do encounter problems as well in regard to your specific Operating System and NOD32, it never hurts to drop support an email.

regards.

paul

10. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

2.006 (which I believe is still the "current" version of NOD that you will get if you download it from Eset today) works absolutely fine on my XP Pro SP1 box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.