?Unlock?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Unlock, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unlock

Unlock Guest

I have installed the new build (#78:cool: and entered my serial number. After I run the Spyware-scan I am asked to enter my serial number to unlock. This feature doesn’t work! I can’t unlock with my serial number. The “ok” button doesn’t highlight and I can’t click OK. Help!

2. microbob

microbob Registered Member

Same problem here. After several emails with screen shots to Acronis support ,advising me to reinstall re download the set up file and still no go :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  3. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Same problem here.

Apart from some new (surprise surprise) false positives, it means I now can't remove any Spyware.

I am rapidly loosing faith in Acronis for various reasons and stuff like this just adds to the list...

4. microbob

I doubt I'll be upgrading to 9.0 when its released. I'm not to happy with Acronis right now.

5. Fil

Fil Guest

Same problem here. I'm very surprised the problem was detected 2 days ago already and Acronis provided no reaction to date.
    Looking forward a quick resolution,
    Kind regards,
    Fil

6. Sub: Unlock?

Sub: Unlock?

Why so reserved my dear Acronis provider? Please respond to the unlock question at hand, for we are feeling a little left out at the user end! Is there a quick and easy answer to how we can fix the unlock obstacle which lies before us?

7. JFK

JFK Guest

I get the same here, my licens is not working (or i just cant klick the OK buttom).... feels liks we get fooled by acroniso_O

8. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

Well it's been two days now and not even a word from Acronis on this problem.

It looks like TI9 was released before it should have been, as they have been swamped with problems and have forgotten about us!

I am very very disappointed with Acronis right now...

9. werne

werne Registered Member

This is just my experience. I upgraded to build 788 over build 748 and received the message to unlock with a serial number after trying to scan for spyware. Entering the only serial number that I had did not work. However, when I uninstalled build 788, reinstalled build 748, uninstalled build 748, and reinstalled build 788, everything worked properly and I was not asked for an unlock serial number. Moral: It is possible to get build 788 to work properly so don't give up. I checked the registry after uninstalling build 748 and found no entries for Privacy Expert Suite. The only change I have noticed so far in build 788 is that I don't have to start PES 8.0 twice to get it to work properly, as it works the first time I start it up now.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  10. werne

werne Registered Member

It looks like I spoke too soon. Just did a spyware scan (with no updates available since install of the latest build) it asked me again for a serial number unlock code. Entering my serial number did not unlock the proceed button. So PES 8 build 788 found 2 instances of a spyware module named Alvin but then wouldn't let me clean it without the unlock code. Guess I will go back to the previous version until they get this cleaned up. Hopefully, the cleanup doesn't include buying a new version until they get this one right (and include support for the Firefox browser as promised).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  11. microbob

After many back and forth email with Acronis tech support since build 788 was released, It seems that the programmers have no fix for the unlock problem. Build 748 works with no problems.

12. werne

werne Registered Member

Well, I wouldn't say it works with no problems, but at least it works
    [build 748]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  13. Trifling_Acronis_Trifling

You need to address the unlock-issue…

It is truly disappointing that you don’t respond to the query at hand. The user “microbob” has apparently been in contact with you regarding the unlock-problem and gotten response through e-mail. Why don’t you answer the question in the forum? It’s been over three days and you have not said a word in this matter. This is beyond unacceptable and you are loosing points and credit for each second that passes by.

You are supposed to be somewhat professional and you are not even in the ballpark!!

Trifling!!!

You need to address this unlock-issue…

14. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I upgrade from 748 to 788 today with no problem, it did not ask me to enter any key, all it ask me is if you wanted to upgrade, and after that it reboot, and I check for any spyware, and none was found, and I had no problem....

I have never had problem using any Acronis Products, I guess some people are having trouble with Acronis product, don't know why,,,,,,,,,, :D :D :D :D

15. pakeha

pakeha Registered Member

myluvnttl

Did you actually try to remove any spyware? As you didn't find any probably not, eh? The problem with the latest ver is that when spyware is found you cannot remove it without the blessed key.

16. DavidUK

DavidUK Registered Member

I too have the unlock problem with Privacy Expert 8.00 build 788 after upgrade installation from build 748.

Only appears (for me) on the spyware search and only once it has found something to be removed and you pass proceed.

Complete deinstallation and reinstallation from the same download accepted the version 8.0 key and the previous version 7.0 key successfully. It however still (as you might expect) has the same unlock problem. Other scans seem to work.

I emailed Acronis before I found this forum ... it seems I won't get a speedy reply !!!

David, UK

17. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I've merged two same-topic posts into this thread since they were started as their own threads in the forum. Let's keep the discussion in one thread like this please.

18. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Well I guess I will have to find out,,,,,can someone send me a spyware? Hehheheh. I can't seem to get any spyware on my computer,,,:D :D :D *puppy* *puppy*

19. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the current inconveniences, the issue with re-entering the Serial Number has been investigated and has been fixed already by our Development Team. Our Test Team is currently testing hard the new build and the new build will be available in few days.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

20. dlandsv

dlandsv Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

However, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove build 788 from the Acronis Privacy update list since there is a bug? Why let someone download a build that disables the ability to scan (won't accept the serial number)?

Not everyone knows about this forum or reads it daily to see if support has posted a fix/patch.

You might also post the fix if someone has downloaded 788...simply uninstall and reinstall original program and then update just to build 748.

21. bROOOZ

bROOOZ Guest

Agreed - I have today downloaded the latest build only to get the same problem; then waste 30 minutes thinking it is my fault; only to find it is a known fault. Why didn't they take the build off when known to be faulty!!!!

22. microbob

Tech support gave me a link to download a test build 789 and it has the same problem after a spyware scan it asks for my serial# but never unlocks to remove what it finds after a scan. :(

23. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello microbob,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences. Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply. I will discuss this problem with our Development Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

24. microbob

Irina,

I've been corresponding with Ivan Belinsky and He was forwarding the info to the developers. I received the link to build 789 from him yesterday. The case# is 291544.

25. DavidUK

DavidUK Registered Member

I've also received build 789 and installed it. The problem remains exactly the same. Surely Acronis should be able to fix a simple problem like this AND manage to test it before releasing it !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.