Wormguard 3 and Norton system Works 2003

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Dabbler, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dabbler

Dabbler Guest

Hi,
    Has anybody had a problem with the combination of NSW 2003 (Std) and Wormguard. If Wormguard is active and you try to Activate Norton Speed disk, Windoctor or Diskdoctor you get a msg saying that "An Error has Occrured while trying to launch the program" plus it adds a shortcut on the Desktop with the program name (ie NDD.exe).

If Wormguard is not active, everything runs sweet (ie can access all the programs from the NSW intergrator menu.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all current updates applied.

Thanks
    DBLR

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I'm not too sure what could be causing this but Wormguard 4 will hopefully cure this problem.
    -Jason-

3. mr.mark

mr.mark Guest

i have encountered a modified version of what you have described. just installed evaluation copy of WormGuard on my win2000 machine, also running NSW2003.

i definitely received the same error message as you did when i tried to activate SpeedDisk, but the other two (WinDoc & DiskDoc) were okay... they opened and ran fine.

interestingly, "removing" WG's core components did *not* allow me to activate SpeedDisk from the NSW integrator.

but.... even with WG protection "installed", or active, i could get all three NSW components to run from the program menu.

i personally don't consider this too big of an inconvenience, and like you, wanted to report it to the developers for future version repairs.

i have two other operating systems to load WormGuard onto... win98se and winxp. i'll be checking out how WG behaves with NSW2003 on those systems as well, and will report back here if i can remember.

:)

mark

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Wormguard doesnt handle some "special" shortcuts very well with the old protection hook.. but running a normal shortcut is the answer for now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.